09 Mar Luke 6:37 (judgment vs Judgment)
Posted on Monday 09 March, 2009
Welcome God every morning before your work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith. All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
Stop judging and you will not be judged. Luke 6:37
Living Faith snippets: “Biblical judgment is not aimed at punishment but at restoring relationship. We are called to analyze our beliefs, weigh them according to the criteria of the gospel [not moral relativism], correct some of them and focus on restoring relationships. Happiness flows from overcoming the human propensity to condemn others, and working generously to build up relationships with them.” by Sr. Kathryn James Hermes
* Judgment (big J, condemnation) belongs to our merciful and gracious God…but God has equipped us to judge (small j) good from evil, by using His gifts of natural law, the Holy Spirit (our helper), and the Bible.
Faith Challenge: Let’s challenge each other to joyfully live out the Good News. Suggestions?
* NEW: Let’s use God’s gifts to help each other judge good from evil …and then lovingly hold each other accountable to choosing good (God). May we unconditionally love our neighbor regardless of their choice (non-Judgemental)…but if necessary, set boundaries to prevent the perpetuation of evil. Lord God, please forgive us for the times we have condemned others (your Judgment), for the times we have failed to judge good and evil based on Your laws, and for the times we lacked the courage to hold ourselves and our neighbors accountable to Your will. Amen.
Stations of the Cross (2): Jesus carries His cross
* Consider attending a Stations of the Cross service (Friday evenings, nondenominational).
* Let’s never forget the horrific reality of abortion (images). Abortion is #1 cause of death in America.
* NOW (25 Feb-5 Apr): Please be part of the 40 Days for Life campaign by praying in front of an abortion mill for one hour…defending the voiceless unborn.
Our Prayers: Those who pray together stay together. Fasting ideas below.
* Let’s pray for courage to share ProLife Truth to those around us (John 14:6)…rebuilding a Culture of Life (Matt 5:16).
* Prayer to end abortion, abused children, chastity, peace, our enemies, our troops, depression/ despair, prisoners, ProLife politicians, lack of faith, illnesses/injuries, jobs, Sue Peters (Carrie), Rob Ouellette (Renato, Amy, Maryann, Mark, Elaine), Stephanie Spader (Maasa)
Feast Day: St. Francis
Faith Quote: “To move forward in faith, your God image must periodically fall apart. Your self-image must periodically fall apart as well. If you are willing to let go of both of them, you will really grow.” Fr. Richard Rohr (shared by Jean Noon)
Through Christ for ProLife,
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead.’
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that take our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, bitterness, being so critical, impatience, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ (Blessed Mother Teresa).
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s joyfully invite others to join our LIFE Group…Rich or Pat will gladly add them to the devotions distribution list (Mark 16:15)!