24 Sep Luke 9:2 (proclaim!)
Posted on Wednesday 24 September, 2008
* Welcome God every morning before your work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith (livingfaith.com). All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
[Jesus] sent them to proclaim the kingdom of God and to heal [the sick]. Luke 9:2
Living Faith snippets: “Jesus sent the apostles out to proclaim the kingdom of God – an announcement that God is bursting into the world in the person of Jesus Christ. With this vision of reality we become grounded in our truest self: we are citizens of God’s kingdom. Without this vision of reality, we become knocked off course by every obstacle we encounter. This faith is the light and power that nourishes our thoughts and builds true self-esteem. It gives us confidence to believe in the sustaining love of God for us. My thoughts flutter here and there, getting lost in every anxiety and distortion, leading me far away from the joy of living in the kingdom of God. My thoughts become traps, torn away from what alone can heal them: the announcement that God is here.” by Sr. Kathryn James Hermes
* Chad Livingston shared: “Break my heart for what breaks yours oh Lord. We serve a God who heals and works in our lives bringing redemption through pain.”
* Who is able to pray with me in front of the local abortion mill from 4 AM to 6 AM, Sat, 4 Oct?
40 Days for Life campaign (24 Sep to 2 Nov): http://www.40daysforlife.com/
* Campaigns in 179 cities in 47 states (24/7 for 40 days). Please consider signing up to pray an hour in front your local abortion mill.
* Campaign director (David Bereit): “…when asked to stand vigil outside an abortion center, it can be much more difficult to say “yes.” But there are good reasons why any 40 Days for Life campaign must include a constant vigil outside — children are dying inside those buildings, which are often innocent looking store fronts or locations well hidden in otherwise innocuous office parks. Many people do not know that abortions are being done in their communities. The abortion industry does not like publicity…they know that the presence of people peacefully praying outside their doors is bad for business.”
* Rich Reich shared this message from Steve Patton: “On the night of his agony in the garden, Jesus said to his disciples, “Could you not stay awake and pray with me for one hour?” What greater agony does he now have than watching millions of innocent babies die?”
* ProLife news: http://www.lifenews.com/.
Our Prayers: Abortion’s end, chastity, our enemies, our troops, natural disasters, depression/ despair, dementia, cancer cure, prisoners, leaders integrity, loss of loved ones, lack of faith.
* New: Chad Livingston (childhood pastor’s wife Kathy diagnosed with cancer).
Faith Quote: Mary Comm of In Our Midst Ministries wrote: “We (the church) have been an unintentional accomplice to the millions of lives lost and to the multiplied millions of lives devastated by abortion. We didn’t want them to abort. We didn’t mean for them to abort. But, because of our lack of knowledge, because of our fear, we have continued to stand by and do nothing. We, God’s hands and feet in this dark and hurting world, have been an unintentional, unknowledgeable accomplice, but an accomplice nonetheless.”
Through Christ Our Lord,
* Today’s Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml. Reflection on readings at http://www.daily-meditations.org/index2.html
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others. Wayne Watson lyrics, “When God’s people pray, there is hope reborn, there is sin forgiven, and miracles you can’t explain await!” “If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead & see Him.”
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might lie as you wish’ Blessed Mother Teresa. Prayer to End Abortion.
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for non-believers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!