22 Jan Mark 3:9-10 (Jesus: In Demand)
Posted on Thursday 22 January, 2009
Welcome God every morning before your work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith (livingfaith.com). All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
He told his disciples to have a boat ready for him because of the crowd…He had cured many and, as a result, those who had diseases were pressing upon him to touch him. Mark 3:9-10
Living Faith snippets: “In this scene, Jesus is overbooked and likely tired. There is no wave of his hand sending the crowd home nor offering a blanket miracle cure. He doesn’t stop until all experience the joy of his presence. How blessed we are that Jesus always has time for an appointment with us.” by Julia DiSalvo
Rich’s comments: Today’s Gospel was portrayed in one of the scenes of the musical Jesus Christ Superstar. I remember watching thousands of diseased people moaning from their ailments and reaching out towards Jesus, smothering Him. The crowd was too overwhelming for Him and I always wondered why He didn’t just cure them all at once with one “blanket miracle cure.” I believe it is because the blanket cure would be too impersonal. Jesus Christ desires to have a personal relationship with each and every one of us. Jesus is in high demand, but He can make time for us. Can we do the same for Him?
* Let’s never forget the horrific reality of abortion (click here
* Let’s pray for courage to communicate the ProLife message through Christ to those around us (John 14:6)…rebuilding a Culture of Life (Matt 5:16).
* NEW: “Today marks the 36th anniversary of the brutal and unjust Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision that imposed abortion on all 50 American states.” David Bereit, 40 Days for Life
Our Prayers: Prayer to End Abortion
, chastity, our enemies, our troops, natural disasters, depression/ despair, prisoners, ProLife
politicians, loss of loved ones, lack of faith, illnesses/injuries, Mike Castle (eye infection), Peace in the Middle East (Iraq, Gaza), Lynn McAleece Bishara
(Aunt Mary battling cancer), Papa Joe Castle (brain bleed resolution), Lutz Ettrich
(girlfriend’s Dad had stroke), Jason Peters (health of son JP), Joe Levisky
), Maureen Morgan (reconciliation for Sue Peterson and son), Rob Ouellette
, Fr. Whelan
Faith Quote: “God has landed on this enemy-occupied world in human form…The perfect surrender and humiliation was undergone by Christ: perfect because He was God, surrender and humiliation because He was man.” by C.S. Lewis
Through Christ Our Lord,
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others. Wayne Watson lyrics, “When God’s people pray, there is hope reborn, there is sin forgiven, and miracles you can’t explain await!” ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead & see Him.’
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that takes our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, bitterness, being so critical, impatience, judgment, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might lie as you wish’ Blessed Mother Teresa.
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!