01 Feb Mark 5:19 (your response?)
Posted on Monday 01 February, 2010
Let’s welcome God today
by reflecting on this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (website
), based on Living Faith
. All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Go home to your family and announce to them all that the Lord in His pity has done for you.
Mark 5:19 (full readings
Living Faith Snippets: “Jesus’ actions called forth two entirely different responses. The townspeople knew they had witnessed something otherworldly, something no man could ever do. Stunned, they could not or would not deal with it, so they had to get rid of the source. Jesus, you have to leave us. On the other hand, the man who had been possessed and a participant in such a strange scene was so deeply grateful that he asked to leave all and accompany Jesus. Stay and sing my praises among your people. The Father and I will be glorified through you. Jesus says the same to us today: So they no longer want me in their midst. Well, now it is up to you. What a challenge!” by Sr. Charleen Hug
God morning, LIFE Group! If you are inspired by something in a devotion, please consider going to our Facebook
page and adding a comment (or simply click the “like” button). This feedback encourages others to read the devotions and respond…further building the Kingdom of God here and now. Thank you for considering…peace of Christ be with you always!
* Joe Hourigan shared: “I heard Gianna Jessen speak. Gianna was born approximately 32 years ago, after being burned for 18 hours in her mothers womb, by a saline abortion attempt. Her birth mother was 17 years old and over 7 months pregnant. Gianna’s birth certificate says “born during saline abortion”. She was born with cerebral palsy, and considers it a gift from God. She is a strong woman, and has run 2 marathons. She got points across about the sanctity of life in a profound way. And her sense of humor was just awesome too. She had the chance to meet former President George W. Bush, when the BAIPA (Born Alive Infant Protection Act) was signed in 2002. He gave her a kiss on the cheek and a warm hug and told her “I’m not going to let you down.” Gianna allows the love of Jesus Christ to shine forth for all the world to see. She has a powerful message to share, because she is alive, like God intended. You and I have a message to share as well. Be not afraid. Go forth, and spread the gospel of love [Life].”
* NOTE: Most every Friday after work, Joe Hourigan prays/counsels in front of the Planned Parenthood abortuary in Old Colorado Springs…bringing sanctity for the deceased babies, healing for the wounded mothers, and pain prevention by directing people to the life saving resources at the Crisis Pregnancy Center across the street. For more details on joining his “LIFE Sidewalkers” ministry, email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s generously share the LIFE Group by forwarding a devotion to others or by using the Facebook Group
“invite people to join” link. Steve, Rich, or Pat will gladly add others to the email list. Melissa Bennett, Kim McElroy, Doug Hansens, Sister M. Consolata, Terry Bangasser…welcome!
* NEW: As set up in today’s snippets, let’s accept the challenge to glorify Christ in the spaces/places of the world that have rejected Him. As Sr Francelle shared (Underground Churches
), Christians are imprisoned/killed in many places of the world, for accepting this challenge.
* NEW: Let’s glorify Christ by helping others stay warm/healthy (physically, mentally, spiritually) through the winter.
Counter-Culture News: LifeSiteNews, Vatican, American Family Association, Priests for Life
* Let’s never forget the horrific reality of abortion (images), #1 cause of death in America (23% of pregnancies). Let’s courageously share ProLife Truth to create social tension for exposing abortion’s unjust peace, rebuilding a Culture of Life for setting the unborn (and parents) free!
* NEW: “Oakland A’s prospect Grant Desme is ending his baseball career to enter the priesthood. Desme is leaving the game at a time when his fortunes seemed to be rising fast.” FOX article
Those who pray together stay together. Fasting ideas in footnote below.
* Prayer to end abortion
, those considering/had an abortion, chastity, politicians, abused children, homeless, peace for our enemies & deployed troops/families, depression/despair, prisoners, illnesses/injuries, jobs, natural disasters, refugees, addictions, the persecuted, Peters family (JP
), Health care reform (protect the unborn), Haitian earthquake victims, Rich Reich (Carolyn’s cancer battle), Bobby Aborn (health issues)
* NEW: For Joe/Anne Hourigan (& 6 children) who sadly lost their 14 wk old unborn child. Joe said they will use this pain/perspective to help those suffering from abortion’s wounds.
* “These are the times that try [people’s] souls.” Thomas Paine
* Kelly Benson shared: “Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.” Phil 4:8
Through Christ our Lord,
Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead.* Fasting:
Let’s fast from things that take our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, pornography, bitterness, criticalness, impatience, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).* Defend the unborn:
‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ (Blessed Mother Teresa).* Evangelization:
Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead a friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service (Matt 28:19