03 Feb Mark 5:34 (nurture your faith)
Posted on Tuesday 03 February, 2009
Welcome God every morning before your work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith. All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
Daughter, your faith has saved you. Mark 5:34
Living Faith snippets: “In this quote, I find myself thinking about what Jesus did not say. He doesn’t say that he, of God, had saved her because of her faith. He says her faith saved her. Nonbelievers and those struggling with doubt have been heard to ask, “If God exists, why doesn’t God make that fact obvious?” This statement from Jesus may hint at part of the answer.” by Aileen O’Donoghue
Rich’s comments: Like manna from heaven provided for the Israelites during their time in the desert, faith is a gift from God that is meant to sustain us through good times and bad. Although faith is provided by God, it is our responsibility to nurture our faith through worship, study, conversations with God, and mutual support of one another, by helping those who need us, by giving our time, and by sharing our resources. By nurturing our faith, it will be there to carry us through the unexpected hardships of life (desert). Lord, thank you for the gift of faith. Help me to understand how precious and powerful this gift is. Amen.
Faith Challenge: Let’s challenge each other to J.O.Y.-fully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15). Suggestions?
* NEW: Show others our strong faith in Jesus by keeping a positive attitude through good times and bad. No matter how bad things get in this world, we know that the story ends with a happy ending: Jesus conquers evil.
those that pray together stay together
* Let’s pray for courage to communicate the ProLife
message through Christ to those around us (John 14:6)…rebuilding a Culture of Life (Matt 5:16).
* Prayer to End Abortion
, chastity, peace, our enemies, our troops, depression/ despair, prisoners, Pres Obama/politicians, lack of faith, illnesses/injuries, Papa Joe Castle (brain bleed resolution), Maureen Morgan (reconciliation for Sue Peterson and son), Rob Ouellette
, Louisa, Kathy & Artiss
), Peters family (JP, updates here
* NEW: Fr. Tim Lozier (prostate surgery this Thursday)
Faith Quote: “I do not pray for success, I ask for faithfulness.” by Mother Teresa
Through Christ Our Lord,
* Today’s Bible readings here
. Reflections for readings here
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others. Wayne Watson lyrics, “When God’s people pray, there is hope reborn, there is sin forgiven, and miracles you can’t explain await!” ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead & see Him.’
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that takes our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, bitterness, being so critical, impatience, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ Blessed Mother Teresa.
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s J.O.Y.-fully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!