12 Feb Mark 7:25 (being Christ to one another)
Posted on Thursday 12 February, 2009
Welcome God every morning before your work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith. All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
She approached him and crouched at his feet. Mark 7:25
Living Faith snippets: “The Canaanite woman could easily exemplify many of us hanging onto life by its edges. A Gentile, this mother must have suspected that she’d risk ridicule as she thrust her way through a crowd of predominantly male Jewish onlookers to fling herself at the feet of Jesus. Desperation frequently leaves one with few options.” by Phillis Harris-Brooks
Rich’s comments: Women who find themselves in a pregnancy that they did not plan for may feel very desperate with very few options. Which choice appears more attractive to these women during a time of desperation? We pray that they choose what is best for the health of their child and themselves. We need to be Christ to these women. We need to be loving and compassionate to their needs. Don’t be the source of ridicule like the crowd of Jewish onlookers, but be the source of Christ’s love. Reach out to these women in need by getting involved with your local pregnancy crisis center and volunteering today.
Faith Challenge: Let’s challenge each other to joyfully live out the Good News. Suggestions?
* NEW: Utilize social software programs on the internet such as Facebook or MySpace to reach out to others and share Christ’s love.
* NEW: On Tuesday I attended a Pro-Life Seminar hosted by the Pro-Life Alliance at the University of Florida. During the two hour seminar, I learned how to debate the Pro-Life stance effectively and how to motivate inactive Pro-Life supporters. I would like to share with you each week a little bit of what I learned at that seminar in what I will call “Pro-Life Seminar snippets.”
Pro-Life Seminar snippets: Be aware of the commonalities between Pro-Life supporters and Pro-Abortion supporters (1. we are all against discrimination, 2. we believe that human life has value, and 3. we need to help women in need). You will get your Pro-Life message across more effectively if the opposition recognizes that you are both on the same playing field.
Our Prayers: Those who pray together stay together. Fasting ideas below.
* Let’s pray for courage to share ProLife Truth to those around us (John 14:6)…rebuilding a Culture of Life (Matt 5:16).
* Prayer to end abortion
, chastity, peace, our enemies, our troops, depression/ despair, prisoners, Pres Obama becomes ProLife
, lack of faith, illnesses/injuries, Liz Curry (abused children), Zek Kazanca
(PhD exam prep), Bro Joe Castle (unresolved medical issue), Peters family (JP updates
), Mark Nelson (Pat Barton cancer surgery), Rob Ouellette
(Leo & Suzanne), Ann Schaefbauer
, recovering from brain surgery)
* NEW: Carol Nesbitt & John Lown (Dody Gustaf diagnosed with inoperable cancer of the bile duct)
Faith Quote: “The greatest destroyer of peace is abortion because if a mother can kill her own child, what is left for me to kill you and you to kill me? There is nothing between.” – Mother Teresa
Through Christ Our Lord,
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others. Wayne Watson, “When God’s people pray, there is hope reborn, there is sin forgiven, and miracles you can’t explain await!” ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead.’
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that take our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, bitterness, being so critical, impatience, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ (Blessed Mother Teresa).
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s joyfully invite others to join our LIFE Group…Rich or Pat will gladly add them to the devotions distribution list (Mark 16:15)!