12 Feb Mark 7:36 (Faith without signs)
Let’s welcome God today by reflecting on this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (website, Facebook), based on Living Faith. All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
Faith Challenges:* Let’s generously invite others to join the LIFE Group by forwarding a devotion or using our Facebook Group “invite people to join” link. To encourage others to reflect on the devotions, consider “liking”/commenting or sharing a “God-sighting” on our Facebook Group.
* NEW: Read Sr. Francelle’s devotion, “Assisted Suicide“, and learn how suffering is redemptive and that we need to depend on our Faith during the trials of life.
* NEW: What is there about Jesus that draws you to Him? Consider commenting on our Facebook Group.
Counter-Culture News: LifeSiteNews, Vatican, American Family Association, Priests for Life
* Let’s never forget the horrific reality of abortion (images), #1 cause of death in America (23% of pregnancies). Let’s courageously share ProLife Truth to create social tension for exposing abortion’s unjust peace, rebuilding a Culture of Life for setting the unborn (and parents) free!
Our Prayers: Those who pray together stay together…and closer to God. See prayer/fasting footnotes.
* Prayer to end abortion, Peters family (JP), Haitian earthquake victims.
Faith Quotes: “Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.” by J.R.R. Tolkien
Through Christ our Lord,
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead.
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that take our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, pornography, bitterness, criticalness, impatience, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ (Blessed Mother Teresa).
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead a friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service (Matt 28:19).
Post A Comment