19 Feb Mark 8:29 (spiritual autobiography)
Posted on Thursday 19 February, 2009
Welcome God every morning before your work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith. All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
And [Jesus] asked them, “But who do you say that I am?” Mark 8:29
Living Faith snippets: “Nearly a decade ago, I applied to a program for certification in spiritual direction. One of the requirements was to write my spiritual autobiography and found this as a daunting task. The circumstances of my life may once have seemed disjointed or disconnected or unrelated. But what moved me most was how Jesus was leading me through my days and how all of my transitions had been a constant attempt to answer the question Jesus raised: “Who do you say that I am?”” by Sr. Chris Koellhoffer, I.H.M.
Rich’s comments: If you have never done so before, I highly recommend reflecting on the past events of your life. Think about the places you have been, the opportunities that have crossed your path, and the people God has placed in your life. Metaphorically, it is like stepping back from the trees to see the forest. I never made the connections at the time, but looking back at all of the events in my life together as a whole, I can definitely see how Jesus has been leading me towards Him.
Faith Challenge: Let’s challenge each other to joyfully live out the Good News. Suggestions?
* NEW: Write your spiritual autobiography today and share it with a friend. Thank those in your life who played a part in bringing you closer to Jesus.
Pro-Life Seminar snippets:
There are 4 arguments used by Pro-Abortionists to attack the defenseless unborn and they are summarized in the acronym SLED:
1. size – argument attacks the size of preborns
2. level of development – argument attacks those less biologically mature
3. environment – argument attacks the residence of preborns
4. degree of dependency – argument attacks the viability of preborns
Those who pray together stay together. Fasting ideas below.
* Let’s pray for courage to share ProLife
Truth to those around us (John 14:6)…rebuilding a Culture of Life (Matt 5:16).
* Prayer to end abortion
, chastity, peace, our enemies, our troops, depression/ despair, prisoners, ProLife
politicians, lack of faith, illnesses/injuries, Bro Joe Castle (unresolved medical issue), Peters family (JP updates
), Mark Nelson (Pat Barton cancer), Ann Schaefbauer
, recovering from brain surgery), Carol Nesbitt
& John Lown
(Dody Gustaf has inoperable cancer), Rob Ouellette
(John & Mary, Alayna
and their families), Pastor Don Bird (abused children), victims/families of Buffalo NY plane crash, Kelley (mother, Margaret Hanneman
– abdominal anurysm
), Rob (Maureen – endoscopy)
Faith Quote: “God will not suffer man to have a knowledge of things to come; for if he had prescience of his prosperity, he would be careless; and if understanding of his adversity, he would be despairing and senseless.” by Saint Augustine
Through Christ Our Lord,
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead.’
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that take our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, bitterness, being so critical, impatience, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ (Blessed Mother Teresa).
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s joyfully invite others to join our LIFE Group…Rich or Pat will gladly add them to the devotions distribution list (Mark 16:15)!