03 Aug Matt 15:22 (Pity turned to Sacrifices)
Pat’s Reflections: Today’s verse reminded me that King Solomon took pity on a mother who was tormented by an impostor mother trying to steal her baby (1 Kings 3:16-28). To settle the dispute, Solomon offered to cut the live baby in half. Horrified, the mother insisted that Solomon give the baby to the impostor mother. In that moment of loving sacrifice, Solomon recognized the real mother. This is much like a mother today who chooses adoption over abortion…giving her child away to save the child’s life.
* Springfield IL Diocese (130 parishes): Bishop Paprocki to join LIFE Runners at Kansas City Marathon.
* Bishop Paprocki’s homily at the National Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows (31 July): Finding Healing and Hope within Financial Stresses.
Our Prayers: Prayer to end abortion, Spiritual Adoption, Alpha Center, Peters family (JP). Add Prayers on our website. Pray with meals, bedtime, wake up, LIFE Runners, etc. Consider mid-week Family Rosary (17 min). Let’s pray now.
Feast Day: “St. Peter Julian Eymard lived at the same time in history as the saint we celebrate tomorrow, St. John Vianney. The two men were friends and each highly admired the other.”
* Pray/Fast: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. Fast from things that take your eyes off Jesus. Those who pray together stay together, and close to God!
* Save Unborn (& family): Abortion reality (images)…#1 death cause (23% pregnancies). Prov 24:11 & Jer 1:5. “A great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish.” Mother Teresa.
* Evangelize: Make room for unbelievers & re-evangelization of self, by way of prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of love (service/sacrifice/mercy). Matt 28:19.