19 Mar Matt 26:15-16 (Holy Week, Admin)
They paid [Judas] thirty pieces of silver, and from that time on he looked for an opportunity to hand Him over. Matthew 26:15-16
Living Faith snippets: “Let us ask ourselves: do we ever betray Jesus? Yes, we do: whenever we repeat hurtful gossip, cling to our possessions, remain silent when we should speak out or turn cold to the cries of people who are in need. Forgive me, Jesus, for any way I have betrayed you by my words or silence, by my action or inaction.” by Sr. Melannie Svoboda
Stations of the Cross: As we follow Christ to Easter morning…Jesus is condemned to death, Jesus accepts his cross, Jesus falls the first time, Jesus meets his mother, Simon helps Jesus carry His cross, Veronica wipes the face of Jesus, Jesus falls the second time, Jesus meets the women of Jerusalem, Jesus falls the third time…
* We adore You, O Christ, and we praise You. Because, by Your holy cross, You have redeemed the world.
* Tenth Station: Jesus is stripped of his garments
* Eleventh Station: Jesus is nailed to the cross
* Reflections/prayers for the stations at www.catholic.org/clife/prayers/station.php?id=9.
* See the “40 Days for Life” director, Dave Bereit, recap the campaign in a 6 min video at http://40daysforlife.com/blog/?p=93. I agree with Dave’s hope-filled message that we are seeing “the beginning of the end of abortion”…because of individual (dialogue with family/friends, etc) and unified (prayer vigils, etc) efforts to bring Light (John 3:19-21) and healing to the vast destruction involved with abortion (babies, mothers, families).
* Admin: In order to prevent a pile of emails in your inbox on Monday morning, Rich and I will not send out Sat and Sun devotions. We hope you order the Living Faith devotional to read these weekend devotions on your own http://www.livingfaith.com/. Rich and I strive to keep the devotions short but spiritually rich to provide busy Christians with a tool to quickly and reverently welcome God each morning, while gaining spiritual strength and focus to live out our faith each day.
Through Christ for ProLife,
* Daily Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml.
* LIFE Prayers at life-prayers.blogspot.com. Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others (so let’s pray daily!). Click for Prayer to End Abortion.
* Defend the unborn: Pro-Life websites are listed on the blog. “Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die” (Prov 24:11). “Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you” (Jer 1:5). “You knit me together in my mother’s womb” (Ps 139:13). “It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish” Blessed Mother Teresa.
* Sr. Francelle devotions at sisterfrancelle.blogspot.com.
* COUGARS devotions at cougarsdaily.blogspot.com.
* Share the Good News: Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!