16 Jun Matt 5:42 (generosity)
Posted on Monday 16 June, 2008
* Welcome God every morning before work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith (livingfaith.com).
Give to the one who asks of you, and do not turn your back on one who wants to borrow. Matt 5:42
Living Faith snippets: “For all the drama of dealing with a panhandler, it’s nothing compared to the day in, day out requests. “My brother just got laid off. Can we lend him his house payment until he finds work?” “Can I borrow the car?” “Do you have a minute to look at this proposal?” I can feel my body stiffen, “What’s this going to cost me?” Jesus [described] God’s own generosity toward us. As we are able to receive with grateful acknowledgement of the Giver, so will we be able to heed the commands of the Son. Lord, give me a generous and willing heart.” by Mark Neilsen
ProLife news: lifesitenews.com
Our Prayers: Abortion, our enemies, our troops, China earthquake, Myanmar cyclone, depression/despair, prisoners, Vicki Miller (her cancer treatment)
Through Christ for ProLife,
* Outreach: Let’s gladly invite those near us to join our LIFE Devotions group (Mark 16:15), providing routine spiritual connection and strength (simply forward a devotion with an invitation).
* Today’s Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml.
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others. Wayne Watson lyrics, “When God’s people pray, there is hope reborn, there is sin forgiven, and miracles you can’t explain await!” “If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead & see Him.”
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ Blessed Mother Teresa. Click for Prayer to End Abortion.
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for non-believers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!
Post A Comment