30 Jun Matt 8:19 (art of surrender)
Posted on Monday 30 June, 2008
* Welcome God every morning before work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith (livingfaith.com).
Teacher, I will follow you wherever you go. Matt 8:19
Living Faith snippets: “We may discern that what Jesus is really saying is this: If you want to be my disciple you must learn the art of surrender. All your carefully laid out agendas and your beautiful plans must be cast aside. Do not wait until, in your opinion, everything is in perfect order in your life.” [Jesus cleans His fish after He catches them!] by Sr. Macrina Wiederkehr
ProLife news: http://www.lifenews.com/
Faith quote: “It is the mystery of a communion of love that gives joy and meaning to our lives as we seek union with God and unity with one another.” by Bishop William Lori (Columbia magazine)
Our Prayers: Abortion, our enemies/our troops, China earthquake, Myanmar cyclone, Midwest floods, depression/despair, prisoners, Vicki Miller (her cancer treatment), Joe Castle (11 yr old Devantae paralyzed), Liz Curry (brother Bob broke hip), Kay Castle (cancer treatment for Ms. Nancy Wheeler, Welcome Home Warrior funding efforts)
Through Christ Our Lord,
* Today’s Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml.
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others. Wayne Watson lyrics, “When God’s people pray, there is hope reborn, there is sin forgiven, and miracles you can’t explain await!” “If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead & see Him.”
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ Blessed Mother Teresa. Click for Prayer to End Abortion.
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for non-believers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!