24 Jul Matthew 13:10-11 (God’s always present)
Posted on Thursday 24 July, 2008
* Welcome God every morning before work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith (livingfaith.com). All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
The disciples approached Jesus and said, “Why do you speak to the crowd in parables?” He said to them in reply, “Because knowledge of the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven have been granted to you, but to them it has not been granted.” Matthew 13:10-11
Living Faith snippets: “Through our experiences, [God] guided us to where we are today and gave each of us personal parables to share–stories about the familiar that teach lessons about God. May we recognize God’s presence in our life experiences, so we may see and understand.” by Carol Ann Soisson
Rich’s comments: Although we should not continually focus on the past, it is important to spend quiet time reflecting on past events. Without spending time to reflect, we might miss seeing where God has touched our lives. Reflection is like a photomosaic. If you are too close, you only see a bunch of random photos that do not make sense together. However, if you step back and take a God-like perspective of the photomosaic, you can see the true image that all of the small pictures collectively make. Lord, at times it seems that I do not understand why things happen in my life, but please help me to see what You see. Amen.
Feast Day (St. Sharbel Makhluf):
Our Prayers: Abortion, our enemies/our troops, natural disasters, depression/despair, prisoners, Vicki M. (her cancer treatment), Joe C. (11 yr old Devantae paralyzed), Kay C. (friend Nancy Wheeler cancer treatment), Kathy-jo P. (friend Maria has terminal brain cancer), Gina Prevett (recovery of Ty’s uncle who had triple bypass surgery, friends with dementia)
Faith quote: “Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.” by Martin Luther King Jr.
Through Christ Our Lord,
* Today’s Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml. Reflection on readings at http://www.daily-meditations.org/index2.html
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others. Wayne Watson lyrics, “When God’s people pray, there is hope reborn, there is sin forgiven, and miracles you can’t explain await!” “If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead & see Him.”
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ Blessed Mother Teresa. Prayer to End Abortion. Ask Blessed Margaret of Castello for her prayers to end abortion.
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for non-believers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!
Post A Comment