03 Dec Matthew 15:30 (Volition)
Posted on Wednesday 03 December, 2008
Welcome God every morning before your work
by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com
), which has snippets from Living Faith (livingfaith.com
). All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
They placed them at His feet, and He cured them. Matthew 15:30
Living Faith snippets:
“Use this poignant image for your prayers today. You may wish to lay before the feet of Jesus your excessive need to control or perhaps some form of resentment…an unhealthy busyness that threatens your spiritual and physical well-being or maybe an addictive behavior from which you would like to be free. Place before the feet of Jesus all that prevents you from being the person God created you to be.” by Sr. Macrina Wiederkehr
Pat nuggets: In visiting with the homebound in nursing homes, I discovered that most of the elderly residents do not have regular visitors. Consider visiting a nearby nursing home for just one hour during Advent. This is a powerful example of love (service/sacrifice) for children, and everyone is richly blessed by the experience.
* The Colorado Springs LIFE Devotions Group members (LIFEr’s) are invited to meet at the Liberty Heights nursing home (near New Life church) from 6:30-7:30 PM, Thurs, 11 Dec (for caroling and visiting with the residents). Please let me know if you plan to attend.
Jesus’ Christmas (birthday) List: This is how we give Jesus a birthday present…”whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me” (Matt 25:40). The true meaning of Christmas is to share our gifts (time, talent, treasure) with those lacking in “daily bread” and love. Who is in needs of our Christmas gifts?
NEW: Chad Livingston shared…”The street church
is in need of back packs to hand out to the homeless; the bigger the better.”
Christian ID: How would unbelievers recognize a Christian in the world? By our love! Let’s share things we can do to glorify God and love neighbor.
* NEW: Chad Livingston shared, “Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony. And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.” Col 3:12-15
ProLife news: http://www.lifesitenews.com/
NEW: Angi Castle shared this video about how some autistic people communicate http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnylM1hI2jc
. There is a strong ProLife message that begins at ~3 min into the 8 min video. Special needs people are God’s children who deserve to live and be loved! In many ways, we all have special needs and handicaps…*
NEW: Jean Noon shared this about Jesus…”But of His own volition
He died because of love to do God’s will.” Volition is defined as a conscious choice or decision. Check out the powerful 15 min ProLife movie “Volition” and article at http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2008/nov/08112501.html
. An article snippet: “Volition places its central character in the historical contexts of…the greatest human rights violations in history: the holocaust, slavery, and abortion.”
Our Prayers: Prayer to End Abortion, chastity, our enemies, our troops, natural disasters, depression/ despair, prisoners, ProLife politicians, loss of loved ones, lack of faith, illnesses/injuries, Joe Castle (medical concerns), Matt Kayser (family of Jesse Alne), Rob Ouellette (Jeff, Arleen, Ramona, Pat)
* NEW: Mike Castle (eye infection)
* Wed night is pray with your family night.
* Let’s pray for courage to communicate the ProLife message (through Christ) to those around us (John 14:6)…rebuilding a Culture of Life (Matt 5:16).
“We are called not to be successful in the conversion of others or of society- for that is in God’s hands [1 Cor 3:6-9]. Rather, we are called to be faithful. God is at work in the world because He seeks every human heart. Knowing this makes even great trials and disappointments worth bearing.” by Daniel Avila (Columbia
Through Christ for ProLife,
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others. Wayne Watson lyrics, “When God’s people pray, there is hope reborn, there is sin forgiven, and miracles you can’t explain await!” ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead & see Him.’
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that takes our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, bitterness, being so critical, impatience, judgment, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might lie as you wish’ Blessed Mother Teresa.
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!
Post A Comment