17 Mar Matthew 18:21-22 (forgiveness)
Posted on Tuesday 17 March, 2009
Welcome God every morning before your work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith. All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
Then Peter approaching asked him, “Lord, if my brother sins against me, how often must I forgive him? As many as seven times?” Jesus answered, “I say to you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.” Matthew 18:21-22
Living Faith snippets: “What is it that makes this kind of forgiveness possible? Nothing but the grace of God, of course, “grace” being the loving presence of God.” by Amy Welborn
Rich’s comments: I attended the first annual Florida Students for Life Conference this past Saturday. I heard personal stories from post-abortive women and men who shared how abortion had affected their lives. All of them had difficulty forgiving themselves. They spoke of their depression and recurring nightmares. Half of them were suicidal and tried to overdose on drugs on many occasions. It was not until they found Jesus Christ were they able to find true forgiveness. The grace of God took their pain and suffering caused by abortion, and he used it to save lives. Theo Purington was one of the speakers whose talk really gripped my heart. In October 2006, Theo found out that his girlfriend at the time was pregnant with his child. Theo fought and fought for the life of his unborn child. On December 2nd, 2006 his child was aborted, and his life changed forever. He then went on to work in NYC at EMC Frontline Pregnancy Centers for the summer of 2007. While Theo was in NYC, he counseled hundreds of men and women in crisis pregnancies and was able to save many lives. Theo opened up his own crisis pregnancy center in Manchester, NH. He is currently coordinating the spring campaign for 40 Days for Life in Manchester, NH and traveling around the country sharing his testimony.
Faith Challenge: Let’s challenge each other to joyfully live out the Good News. Suggestions?
* NEW: As we humbly ask for God’s forgiveness, let’s also ask to be filled with the grace to forgive our offenders.
* Let’s never forget the horrific reality of abortion (images
)…#1 cause of death in America. Let’s share ProLife
Truth (John 14:6
)…rebuilding a Culture of Life (Matt 5:16
* NOW (25 Feb-5 Apr): Support the 40 Days for Life
campaign by praying by an abortion mill for one hour (Matt 26:40
)…let’s defend the voiceless unborn!
* Pro-Life Conference tidbits: Post-abortive women from Operation Outcry
were at the Florida Students for Life Conference sharing their stories. The purpose of Operation Outcry is to end legal abortion by exposing the truth about its devastating impact on women and families. At the conference, Operation Outcry had a display of several hundred baby shoes. Each pair of shoes represents a real aborted child, and attached to the shoes is a message to the child from the parents or family members. The devotional picture today is of one of the many pairs of shoes on display. I tried to read as many as my emotions could handle. The note above reads, “Baby Carver, Your Mother and I grieve every day. We ask God to forgive us. We love you and we will see you in heaven. – Daddy”
Our Prayers: Those who pray together stay together. Fasting ideas below.
* Prayer to end abortion
, abused children, chastity, peace, our enemies, our troops, depression/ despair, prisoners, ProLife
politicians, lack of faith, illnesses/injuries, jobs, Paul Cote (sister Christine)
* NEW: John Lown (Allan Hillberg – in ICU with drug resistant infection)
Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Read more about the forgiveness
portrayed by this saint here
Faith Quote: “The Lord opened the understanding of my unbelieving heart, so that I should recall my sins.” – Saint Patrick
Through Christ Our Lord,
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead.’
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that take our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, bitterness, being so critical, impatience, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ (Blessed Mother Teresa).
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s joyfully invite others to join our LIFE Group…Rich or Pat will gladly add them to the devotions distribution list (Mark 16:15)!