03 Mar Matthew 20:17 (Teach Me Your Ways)
Faith Challenges: Let’s generously share the LIFE Group by forwarding a devotion or using the Facebook “invite people to join” link.
* NEW: What are your favorite lessons from the Gospels? Consider commenting on the Facebook page.
Counter-Culture News: LifeSiteNews, Vatican, American Family Association, Priests for Life
* Let’s never forget the horrific reality of abortion (images), #1 cause of death in America (23% of pregnancies). Let’s courageously share ProLife Truth to create social tension for exposing abortion’s unjust peace, rebuilding a Culture of Life for setting the unborn (and parents) free!
* NEW: For pro-life advocates, the healthy birth of ‘Baby Claire’ puts a fitting close to Las Vegas’ most dramatic pro-life rescue, and gives further proof that a late-term abortion can successfully be reversed in some cases. Dramatic Vegas Abortion-Reversal Results in Healthy Birth
Feast Day: St. Katharine Drexel. “In 1894, Mother Drexel took part in opening the first mission school for Indians, in Santa Fe, New Mexico. In 1915 she also founded Xavier University in New Orleans. Because of her lifelong dedication to her faith and her selfless service to the oppressed, Pope John Paul II canonized her on October 1, 2000 to become only the second recognized American-born saint.”
Faith Quote: “Your ways, O Lord, make known to me; teach me your paths.” Psalm 25:4
Through Christ our Lord,
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead.
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that take our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, pornography, bitterness, criticalness, impatience, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ (Blessed Mother Teresa).
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead a friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service (Matt 28:19).