21 Aug Matthew 22:37:40 (imagine that!)
Posted on Friday 21 August, 2009
Let’s welcome God this morning
by reflecting on this short Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com
), which is based on Living Faith
. All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
You shall love the Lord, your God, with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the greatest and the first commandment. The second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
Matthew 22:37-40 (full readings
Living Faith snippets: “The point of Jesus’ great commandment is that we must act out of total love for God and unconditional love for others. True discipleship, following Christ in today’s world, means that everything we do we do out of love. Imagine that.” by Mitch Finley
Faith Challenge: Let’s invite others to join the LIFE Group (>215 Christians).
* NEW: Our newest members are Kathy Rutten and Jim Ramesbothem, welcome!
* NEW: Let’s strive to act out of love in all things.
* NEW: At nine weeks after conception, a baby is able to bend her fingers around an object in her hand, and sucks her thumb.
Those who pray together stay together. Fasting ideas in footnote below.
* Prayer to end abortion
, abused children, chastity, peace, our enemies, our troops, depression/ despair, prisoners, ProLife politicians, illnesses/injuries, jobs, natural disasters, refugees, addictions, persecuted believers, Rich Reich (friend Carolyn battling cancer), Peters family (JP in hospital), Stephanie Spader (healthy pregnancy), Steve/Tina Castle (sell their home)
* ASAP – Always Say A Prayer (shared by Carolyn McKissack)
* “Don’t fear the future…God’s already there.” ~unknown
Through Christ our Lord,
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead.’
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that take our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, bitterness, being so critical, impatience, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ (Blessed Mother Teresa).
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.