25 Apr Matthew 28:10 (Do not be afraid)
“Then Jesus said to them, ‘Do not be afraid.'” Matthew 28:10 (full readings)
Rich’s Reflections: In Matthew’s Gospel today, the first command Jesus gives to the people who saw Him after His resurrection is: “Do not be afraid.” Jesus issues this command, because He understands how fear can silence a witness. I have often watched in movies how criminals get a lot of mileage out of silencing their witnesses through fear of death. Since His resurrection, Jesus has spoken through us, His disciples and witnesses. As the members of His body, He depends on us to testify and carry on His Good News; the news that He has conquered death. Fear and death have “no more power over Him” and His witnesses (Romans 6:9). Lord, give me the courage to overcome my fear, so that I may be a witness to Your Good News. Amen.
* “We fix our eyes upon the cross, and run to Him who showed great love…Christ is risen!” Christ is Risen by Matt Maher
Faith Challenge: Do not be afraid. Go and spread the Good News that Jesus is risen from the dead and all who believe in Him have eternal life (John 3:16).
Counter-Culture News: LSN, Vatican, AFA, Priests for Life, Live Action
* Pro-aborts won’t challenge fetal pain laws for fear of losing: Politico
Our Prayers: Prayer to end abortion, Spiritual Adoption, Alpha Center, Peters family (JP). Add Prayers on our website. Pray with meals, bedtime, wake up, LIFE Runners, etc. Consider mid-week Family Rosary (17 min). Let’s pray now.
Feast Day: St. Mark fulfilled in his life what every Christian witness is called to do: to not be afraid and proclaim to all people the Good News.
Faith Quote: “Do not be afraid of those who can kill the body, but cannot kill the soul; fear rather him who has the power to make both the soul and the body perish in Gehenna.” Matthew 10:28
Through Christ our Lord,
* Pray/Fast: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. Fast from things that take your eyes off Jesus. Those who pray together stay together, and close to God!
* Save Unborn (& family): Abortion reality (images)…#1 death cause (23% pregnancies). Prov 24:11 & Jer 1:5. “A great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish.” Mother Teresa.
* Evangelize:Make room for unbelievers & re-evangelization of self, by way of prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of love (service/sacrifice/mercy). Matt 28:19.
Post A Comment