10 Jun Matthew 5:23-24 (Reconciliation)
Rich’s comments: Max Lucado wrote in his book, When God Whispers Your Name, in reference to today’s highlighted scripture: “As far as I know, this is the only time God tells you to slip out of church early. Apparently, he’d rather have you give your olive branch than your tithe. If you are worshiping and remember that your mom is hacked-off at you for forgetting her birthday, then get off the pew and find a phone. Maybe she’ll forgive you; maybe she won’t. But at least you can return to your pew with a clean conscience.” My faith has taught me that reconciliation is critical to my relationship with Christ. While the Pharisees were concerned about washing their hands before eating a meal (Matthew 15:2), Jesus was more concerned about a clean heart, “for from the heart comes evil thoughts, murder, adultery, unchastity, theft, false witness, blasphemy.” (Matthew 15:19) Lord, may I offer myself as a gift to You at Your altar as a living sacrifice with clean heart and love towards my fellow brothers and sisters. Amen.
* Sr. Francelle’s devotion: Family, Love, Prayer
Faith Challenge: Generously encourage others by forwarding devotions or using the Facebook “invite people” link.
* NEW: Before you go to bed, reflect on those who you may have wronged during the day and pray for the Holy Spirit to guide you in making amends.
Counter-Culture News: LifeSiteNews, Vatican, American Family Association, Priests for Life
* Reality of abortion (images), #1 cause of death (23% of pregnancies). Expose this unjust peace, setting unborn/parents free.
* NEW: Unborn Baby Jesus Poster Campaign Launched by Christian Consortium: Ads will reach 40 million by Christmas.
Our Prayers: Those who pray together stay together, and close to God (footnotes). Prayer to end abortion, Peters family (JP).
* NEW: Rich Reich (cousin Tom who will be undergoing cancer treatment)
Faith Quote: “Lord, let me feel the pain of a wounded soul, and seek to heal that wounded one I pray; yes, I would take the reconciling role, and bring an end to pain and strife today.” —Hess
Through Christ our Lord,
Post A Comment