06 Mar Matthew 5:23-24 (Reconciliation)
Welcome God every morning before your work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith. All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
If…your brother has anything against you, leave your gift there at the altar, go first and be reconciled with your brother. Matthew 5:23-24
Living Faith snippets: “Reconciliation is difficult for many of us. Dear Lord, help us to truly live your command to love by forgiving friends and strangers.” by Beth Dotson Brown
Life Group nuggets:
* Sr Francelle’s devotion titled First Communion (a letter to children). John 6:25-70.
* Pastor Don’s devotion that I titled Children’s Faith (about his children). When having lunch with Pastor Don last week, I noticed this statement on the front of his shirt, “It’s not about me.”
Faith Challenge: Let’s challenge each other to joyfully live out the Good News. Suggestions?
* NEW: Let’s do a random act of kindness today…for love of God and neighbor.
Stations of the Cross (1): Jesus is condemned to death
* Consider attending the powerful Stations of the Cross service (~45 min) at a Catholic Church (for all denominations, Friday evenings during Lent).
Culture War/ProLife News: LifeSiteNews, American Family Association, Priests for Life
* Let’s never forget the horrific reality of abortion (images). Abortion is #1 cause of death in America.
* NOW (25 Feb-5 Apr): Please be part of the 40 Days for Life campaign by praying in front of an abortion mill for one hour…defending the voiceless unborn.
Our Prayers: Those who pray together stay together. Fasting ideas below.
* Let’s pray for courage to share ProLife Truth to those around us (John 14:6)…rebuilding a Culture of Life (Matt 5:16).
* Prayer to end abortion, abused children, chastity, peace, our enemies, our troops, depression/ despair, prisoners, ProLife politicians, lack of faith, illnesses/injuries, jobs, Sue Peters (Carrie)
* NEW: Rob Ouellette (Renato, Amy, Maryann, Mark, Elaine), Stephanie Spader (Maasa)
Faith Quote: “God can make something good come out of all of this greed [economic crisis]. We (as well as the rest of the world) have been headed down a slippery slope of Godlessness and materialism. People will turn back to God.” Kathy Castle
Through Christ for ProLife,
* Bible: Readings and reflections for today.
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead.’
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that take our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, bitterness, being so critical, impatience, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ (Blessed Mother Teresa).
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s joyfully invite others to join our LIFE Group…Rich or Pat will gladly add them to the devotions distribution list (Mark 16:15)!