16 Jun Matthew 5:44 (justice)
Posted on Tuesday 16 June, 2009
Let’s welcome God every morning before work by giving a few minutes to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which is based on Living Faith. All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
I say to you, love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you … Matthew 5:44
Living Faith snippets: “There is no way for me to live out this command, Lord. It is not within my power. But it is within yours. So I give up, Lord. I surrender. I will love my enemies with your love; for it is the only love I can give. Carry me through, dear Jesus. Hold me as a child in your arms and do for me what I cannot do myself.” by Rebecca Sande
Rich’s comments: I feel at peace when I stop worrying about those who have cheated or betrayed me. I gladly give this burden to Jesus, for only He can judge the World. He knows all of our thoughts, feelings, and intentions in our minds and of those who have offended us. He knows the details of our lives that no human court of law could possibly reveal. I place my trust in Jesus that all will be judged fairly and that we will all come to know the love of Jesus in the end. Amen.
Faith Challenge: Let’s challenge each other to joyfully live out the Good News.
* NEW: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.
Our Prayers: Those who pray together stay together. Fasting ideas in footnote below.
* Prayer to end abortion
, abused children, chastity, peace, our enemies, our troops, depression/ despair, prisoners, ProLife
politicians, illnesses/injuries, jobs, natural disasters, addictions.
Faith Quote: “Social justice cannot be attained by violence. Violence kills what it intends to create. ” by Pope John Paul II
Through Christ our Lord,
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead.’
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that take our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, bitterness, being so critical, impatience, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ (Blessed Mother Teresa).
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s joyfully invite others to join our LIFE Group…Rich or Pat will gladly add them to the devotions distribution list (Mark 16:15)!