02 Mar Matthew 6:10 (Thy will be done)
Posted on Monday 02 March, 2009
Welcome God every morning before your work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith. All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
Your Kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as in Heaven. Matthew 6:10
Living Faith snippets: “”They will be done.” It’s a comfort that our Father unceasingly offers to us all. Dear God, thy will be done.” by Beth Dotson Brown
Faith Challenge: Let’s challenge each other to joyfully live out the Good News. Suggestions?
* NEW: Embrace Lent as a “40 Days for Eternal Life” campaign.
Culture War/ProLife News: LifeSiteNews, American Family Association, Priests for Life
* Let’s never forget the horrific reality of abortion (images). Abortion is #1 cause of death in America.
* NOW (25 Feb-5 Apr): Please take part in the 40 Days for Life campaign by praying in front of an abortion mill for one hour (love for God & neighbor).
* NEW: “Jesus said, “Could you not watch one hour with Me?” (Matt 26:40) He sweat drops of His Precious Blood when He saw all the sins of the world that would take Him to The Cross for each one of us. Can you offer up just one hour in prayer as a witness for Life? Father Bill says we are at the Foot of the Cross with His Blessed Mother every time we are on the sidewalk at Planned Parenthood.” by Stephanie Kemp
Our Prayers: Those who pray together stay together. Fasting ideas below.
* Let’s pray for courage to share ProLife Truth to those around us (John 14:6)…rebuilding a Culture of Life (Matt 5:16).
* Prayer to end abortion, abused children, chastity, peace, our enemies, our troops, depression/ despair, prisoners, ProLife politicians, lack of faith, illnesses/injuries, Peters family (JP updates), Rich Reich (friend’s cancer surgery), Rob Ouellette (Mark, Levi, Karl), Carolyn (research advisor has terminal cancer)
* NEW: Stephanie Spader (special intentions), Sue Peters (Carrie Maniscalco)
Faith Quote: “Life isn’t about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!” by Beth Moore (shared by Jean Noon)
Through Christ for ProLife,
* Bible: Readings and reflections for today.
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead.’
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that take our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, bitterness, being so critical, impatience, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ (Blessed Mother Teresa).
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s joyfully invite others to join our LIFE Group…Rich or Pat will gladly add them to the devotions distribution list (Mark 16:15)!
Post A Comment