25 Jun Matthew 7:18 (good fruit)
Posted on Wednesday 25 June, 2008
* Welcome God every morning before work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith (livingfaith.com).
A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a rotten tree bear good fruit. Matthew 7:18
Living Faith snippets: “If you see love, humility, help for the needy, a spirit of service, and so on, our Lord says, expect that person to be a source of genuine guidance, for where else would those qualities come from except a heart that is in tune with God? If those qualities are lacking, that too says something about where the person is in relation to God. What kind of tree am I? What desires motivate me? What, who do I love? Does Christ live in me? And what difference does that really make?” by Kevin Perrotta
ProLife news: lifesitenews.com
Faith quote: “By actively participating in programs that help the poor and sick, immigrants and young people, unborn children and their mothers, families and one another, we are resisting what the pope calls “the subtle influence of secularism” and its claim that faith is a private matter that should only be proclaimed in church on Sunday.” by Tim Hickey (Columbia magazine)
Our Prayers: Abortion, our enemies, our troops, China earthquake, Myanmar cyclone, Midwest floods, depression/despair, prisoners, Vicki Miller (her cancer treatment), Devantae (11 yr old boy paralyzed)
Through Christ Our Lord,
* Outreach: Let’s gladly invite those near us to join our LIFE Devotions group (Mark 16:15), providing routine spiritual connection and strength (simply forward a devotion with an invitation).
* Today’s Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml.
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others. Wayne Watson lyrics, “When God’s people pray, there is hope reborn, there is sin forgiven, and miracles you can’t explain await!” “If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead & see Him.”
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ Blessed Mother Teresa. Click for Prayer to End Abortion.
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for non-believers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!