26 Jun Matthew 8:3 A ‘Simple’ Touch
Posted on Friday 26 June, 2009
Let’s welcome God every morning by reflecting on this short Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which is based on Living Faith. All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
[Jesus] stretched out his hand, touched him, and said, “I will do it. Be made clean.”
Matthew 8:3 (full readings
Living Faith snippets: “Jesus could easily have cured the leper without stretching out his hand and touching him. This bodily movement of actually touching the one needing healing creates a strengthening connection between the healer and the one being healed.” by Sr. Joyce Rupp
Rich’s comments: At Church we are directed to offer each other the Sign of Peace by shaking another’s hand or giving a hug to a person next to us. For some people you can tell that it is an insignificant gesture by their posture, lack of eye contact, and their inaudible murmur of “peace be with you”. For other people, myself included, I feel energized and excited after exchanging peace with others. My heart feels lifted. It is like going to a family reunion to see all of your closest loved ones. I don’t believe many people understand the healing power that a ‘simple’ touch can have, or they wouldn’t be so reluctant to offer a genuine sign of peace to others. See if you can touch someone’s life today by providing a ‘simple’ touch of peace. Peace be with you.
Faith Challenge: Let’s challenge each other to joyfully live out the Good News.
* NEW: Be a sign of peace for someone today who is troubled. Show them you care with a ‘simple’ touch.
* Let’s never forget the horrific reality of abortion (images
)…#1 cause of death in America. Let’s courageously share ProLife
Truth (John 14:6
) to create social tension for exposing abortion’s unjust peace…rebuilding a Culture of Life (Matt 5:16
) and setting the unborn free!
Our Prayers: Those who pray together stay together. Fasting ideas in footnote below.
* Prayer to end abortion
, abused children, chastity, peace, our enemies, our troops, depression/ despair, prisoners, ProLife
politicians, illnesses/injuries, jobs, natural disasters, addictions, Carla Neal (Jonathan Barlow, Margaret Solms
, Dan, Joe and Becky), Church job interview for Steve Castle on Saturday.
Faith Quote: “If you wish to experience peace, provide peace for another.” – Tenzin Gyatso
Through Christ our Lord,
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead.’
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that take our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, bitterness, being so critical, impatience, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ (Blessed Mother Teresa).
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s joyfully invite others to join our LIFE Group…Rich or Pat will gladly add them to the devotions distribution list (Mark 16:15)!