25 Feb Mon, 25 Feb (Psalm 42:2-3)
* Welcome God every day by reading the Living Faith devotional before work (~1 min). Order at http://www.livingfaith.com/
As the [deer] longs for the running waters, so my soul longs for you, O God. Athirst is my soul for God, the living God. Psalm 42:2-3
Living Faith snippets: “Is my thirst directed more to a pleasing image of myself than to genuine longing for God? There’s wisdom in the observation that some people are not in love so much as “in love with love,” enchanted with the image of themselves as loving.” by James E. Adams
Sr Francelle snippets (22 Feb): “Dearest Ones, wouldn’t the world be a boring place if everyone was the same? And yet, some people spend their entire lives trying to be like someone else. They spend time hating God for the way He made them, instead of using this energy to help others who are less fortunate. I think the key to liking oneself is realizing how much God loves us. One of the biggest mistakes we make is looking at others, instead of keeping our eyes on Jesus.” See this entire devotion at sisterfrancelle.blogspot.com.
40 DAYS FOR LIFE: This is a unified Christian campaign to prevent the destruction of abortion (babies, families, abortionists) with an around the clock, 40 day prayer vigil at abortion clinics nation-wide (until 16 Mar). Learn about efforts in your area and sign up for the daily updates at http://www.40daysforlife.com/. “Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you” (Jer 1:5)…”you knit me together in my mother’s womb” (Ps 139:13).
* Local snippets (23 Feb): Tom Albrecht, Chad Livingston, and I prayed with a handful of Christians from 4 to 5 AM (on Sat) in front of the abortion clinic. Snippets from the organizer: “I showed your sweet 12 wk baby model to quite a few people. In the afternoon we were joined by 9 very prayerful teens going through confirmation prep. I gave your blue wrist bands to a boy and girl who prayed the entire Rosary aloud and witnessed together for 4 hrs. We were joined unexpectedly by 10 college-aged kids from New Life Church who are part of a nationwide group called “Bound for Life.” They stood facing the abortion chamber for over 3 ½ hrs in total silence…with red duct tape over their mouth with the word LIFE [on the tape]. We had a group of charismatic teenagers (15) and adults (5) from Mountain Springs Community Church. They walked around the entire block several times in prayer and spent over a half hour on their knees in the dirt and rocks reading their Bibles and praying out loud. [Had a great turnout] for the morning Rosary and Mass. We recorded over 75 teens and adults going into the abortion chamber (lucrative business)…[counted for] demographics in anticipation of opening a crisis pregnancy center in the immediate area [please pray for this]. At one time we had over 25 people [for the prayer vigil].” by Stephanie Kemp
* National snippets (24 Feb): Eight yr old Hugo saved a life and prevented despair while serving outside an abortion clinic in BAKERSFIELD, CA. “Hugo quietly said to Denisha, “But your mother didn’t abort you.” Denisha broke down and cried, realizing that she couldn’t go through with the abortion. When her tears subsided, Denisha’s look of anxiety was gone” (by Dave Bereit). “When Carol Everett, a former abortionist and post-abortive woman, was asked what turned her heart from death to life in Christ, she said, “It was unconditional love,” shown by a man who prayed daily for her in front of the abortion clinic where she worked. She left and now serves as Christ’s ambassador to help others. We too have been sent by Christ as an ambassador to love unconditionally those [trapped in] their sin” (by Carmen Pate).
Pat’s nuggets: While praying the Rosary for an end to abortion, my daughter Paige (7 yrs old) asked me about abortion. Paige was initially sad (cried) and then upset with the mothers. I explained that Christ wants us to love the mothers through this horrible pain. Paige then said, “because then they won’t kill their next baby.” At the abortion clinic, Tom Albrecht shared Matt 18:1-6 where Christ calls us to have faith like a child (not rationalizing the Truth) and describes the seriousness of causing a child to sin (encouraging an abortion, doing an abortion). Tom then shared about the unmerciful servant (Matt 18:21-35), reminding us that only through God’s great mercy are we saved, and we need to show this same great mercy (unconditional love) to abortionists and post-abortion mothers.
* Check out http://www.hh76.com/ for an impressive selection of prolife resources.
* In support of the unified 40 DAYS FOR LIFE campaign, please consider volunteering just one hour praying in front of your local abortion clinic (before 16 Mar)…to help tip the scale for an end to abortion and the accompanied despair. Thank you for considering!
Through Christ Our Lord,
* Daily Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml
* LIFE Devotions blog at life-devotions.blogspot.com: Sign up to add your profile and comment at LIFE Devotions. Comment to the entire distro by replying to this email.
* LIFE Prayers blog at life-prayers.blogspot.com: Sign up to post/comment at LIFE Prayers. Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others (so let’s pray daily!).
* Sr. Francelle Devotions at sisterfrancelle.blogspot.com.
* Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!