For whoever does the will of my heavenly Father is my brother, and sister, and mother.
Mt 12:50 (full readings
* Regarding today’s verse, Christ makes it clear that Spiritual relationship trumps blood relationship.
* Steve Castle shared today’s “Mother of Life” devotion picture (by Nellie Edwards). Steve saw a very similar depiction of Mary in a mystical dream 15 years ago.
* The Knots Prayer last week inspired Bobby Aborn to share about Mary the Undoer of Knots. “Mary has been known as the Undoer of Knots since the early Church. The first Eve tied the knot of disobedience and the New Eve, Mary, untied the knots by her obedience to God.”
* We watched the “The 13th Day” movie about the three Fatima children who saw Mother Mary on the 13th Day for six straight months. On 13 Oct 1917 “an estimated 70,000 witnesses reported that the sun appeared to change colors and rotate…the sun danced.” On 13 May 1917 the children received a secret related to the Pope John Paul II assassination attempt, which happened 13 May 1981. The last visionary, Sister Lúcia, died on 13 Feb 2005, just a few weeks before Pope John Paul II.
* If you can handle hip hop music, this music video has a great ProLife message, “Can I Live?
Faith Challenge: A couple weeks ago, the big sports news was about The Decision, where self proclaimed “King James” (basketball player) would “take his talents.” As Christians, let us help others with a much bigger decision (eternal), choosing to take talents to God’s Team…led by King Jesus!
* Sue Peters (special intention), Carolyn McKissack (special intention), Jamie Simpson (for husband Ivan’s salvation and alcoholic treatment)
* “When we freely use the wisdom acquired over the years to give thanks in all things, sorrows flee more quickly, joy is a daily guest, and growth is inevitable.” by Sue Patton Thoele (shared by Aaron Ferrie)
* “To be neutral in a situation of injustice is to have chosen sides already. It is to support the status quo.” by Desmond Tutu
In God We Trust,