19 May On your mark…get set for Crazy Horse!
On your mark…get set for Crazy Horse! For LIFE Runners planning to race the Crazy Horse 1K/5K/half/full Marathon (5-6 Oct): full marathon training starts 3 June and half marathon training starts 15 July. Flexibility and strength is key to a fit and injury free training experience. See training and injury prevention tips: www.liferunners.org/training.
Consider committing to memory the LIFE Runners Creed. Pray the Creed as you begin each training run. Great food for the soul. Also, ask for petitions from others that you can offer prayers for especially as you climb into the long runs each week. Remember to wear your LIFE Runner shirt while training. Get other LIFE Runners gear to add to your running ward robe.
Be excited about the 2013 LIFE Runners Weekend Retreat with Crazy Horse 1K/5K/half/full Marathon (4-6 Oct)! SUPER SCENIC and PERSONAL RECORD FAST (over 2/3 downhill). Race PHOTOS. Come to the Black Hills for Great Faces, Great Places, and Great Races! Promo VIDEO. LIFE Runners Relay A-Cross SD (Video). Local Native Americans will also run Crazy Horse races (article). Aerial view of SD.
* Register for Crazy Horse 1K/5K/half/full Marathon (Facebook): Half/Full at 8am, Sun, 6 Oct, Crazy Horse. 1K/5K at 12:30pm, Sat, 5 Oct, Hill City.
* Lodging (group rate, 3-7 Oct, Keystone): www.rushmoreexpress.com. All rooms $49.99 for double occupancy and $5 for extra adults (age 12 and under free). 42 std rooms (2 queens or 1 king) and 42 suites (first come). Breakfast included. 24 hr cancel. Exercise room, pool, hot tub, free Wifi, laundry, microwave/refrig. Contact Rick Greene at (832)301-2121 or email@example.com.
* Bus: departs St. Louis at 7pm, Thurs, 3 Oct and returns to St. Louis by 6am, Mon, 7 Oct. Pick ups in Columbia (9pm), Kansas City (11pm), Omaha, Sioux City. Stops for Sioux Falls breakfast, Corn Palace, Al’s Oasis lunch, Badlands, Ellsworth AFB. Limited to 57, $150 each, reserve seat at contact@LIFErunners.org.
Fundraising Campaign (28 Aug – 6 Oct): www.liferunners.org/fundraising.
Other Scheduled LIFE Runner Events:
* Ellsworth AFB tour (3:30pm to 5pm, Fri, 4 Oct, Rapid City): meet at SD Air & Space Museum outside the main gate of Ellsworth AFB. Following base tour, dinner at Golden Corral. RSVP to contact@LIFErunners.org.
* Mt. Rushmore and Custer State Park (7am to 11am, Sat, 5 Oct): Meet at Rushmore Express Hotel in Keystone, SD.
* Crazy Horse 1K/5K, Lunch, Shopping (12pm to 3pm, Sat, 5 Oct, Hill City).
* Pre-race Banquet (6pm, Sat, 5 Oct, Blessed Sacrament Church, Rapid City, Donation): Awesome speakers include saline abortion survivor Melissa Ohden, Knights of Columbus magazine (Columbia) editor Alton Pelowski, “Running with God across America” author Jeff Grabosky. Dale Bartscher (FHA) with emcee, and Carol Nesbitt (former Miss SD) will sing National Anthem. Sponsored by the Knights of Columbus. Seats reserved with 2013 LIFE Runner Sign Up for Crazy Horse races.
* Post-race Celebration (10:15am to 2pm, Sun, 6 Oct, Little White Church, Hill City, Free): co-sponsored by the SD Family Heritage Alliance and Rapid City Care Net PRC.
Make It A Road Trip:
Sample Itinerary from Kansas City
Day #1 – Drive from Kansas City to Sioux Falls (estimated 6 hours).
12:00 Lunch in Nebraska City or Omaha (2.5 hours from KC)
4:00 Arrive in Sioux Falls, SD.
4:30 Drive by the St. Joseph Cathedral.
5:00 Dinner @ Minervas, 301 South Phillips Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD. (605) 334-0386
7:00 See the Falls in Sioux Falls. Get ready for some outstanding pictures of this scenic waterfall wonder.
8:00 Check into your hotel and get a good night’s sleep.
Day #2 – Great American Road Trip!
4:00 Wake Up/Coffee /Breakfast
5:00 Go for run
6:30 Leave for the Black Hills of South Dakota!
8:00 Arrive at the Corn Palace 603 N. Main Street, Mitchell, SD.
10:00 Get gas and snacks at Al’s Oasis, 1000 East South Dakota Hwy 16, Oacoma, SD (605) 234-6051.
Turn watch back one hour – crossing time change from central to mountain time.
12:30 (time after turning clock back) Drive through the Badlands http://www.blackhillsbadlands.com/home/thingstodo/scenicdrives
Take exit at hwy 240 “Cactus Pass” which is the “Loop Road.” http://www.moon.com/files/map-images/mtru_04_Badlands-National-Park.jpg
1:30 Stop at Wall Drug for an hour then head to the Black Hills.
3:30 Arrive Rapid City, SD.
Please plan to join us for this outstanding weekend. LIFE Runner Joanne Zitz of Poughkeepsie, NY said this about last years event, “My weekend in St. Louis with the LIFE Runners was so spiritually rewarding. I LOVE the whole team aspect! The Black Hills are callin’ my name!” Listen close, they are calling yours too.
Don’t miss out…