28 Jul Psalm 103:13 (compassionate parent)
Posted on Tuesday 28 July, 2009
Let’s welcome God every morning by reflecting on this short Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which is based on Living Faith. All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him…
Psalm 103:13 (full readings
Living Faith snippets: “God’s compassion is the story of our salvation. The Christ Child in the manger is a powerful reminder that God sent his Son to earth to take our place and remove our sins. Knowing we are all weak, sinful and unable to handle salvation by our own merits, God sent Jesus–from the manger to the cross–to suffer in our stead. That’s what a loving parent does. We have only to accept it.”
Rich’s comments: Lord, may I never forget the sacrifice that You have made for me. Amen.
Faith Challenge: Let’s challenge each other to joyfully live out the Good News.
* NEW: Show God’s compassion to another by placing their needs before yours.
Those who pray together stay together. Fasting ideas in footnote below.
* Prayer to end abortion
, abused children, chastity, peace, our enemies, our troops, depression/ despair, prisoners, ProLife
politicians, illnesses/injuries, jobs, natural disasters, addictions, for our 10 LIFE Runners who are training to defend the unborn at the Twin Cities Marathon on Respect Life Sunday (4 Oct).
Faith Quote: “The language of love is sacrifice.” – unknown author
Through Christ our Lord,
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead.’
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that take our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, bitterness, being so critical, impatience, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ (Blessed Mother Teresa).
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s joyfully invite others to join our LIFE Group…Rich or Pat will gladly add them to the devotions distribution list (Mark 16:15)!