05 Mar Psalm 105:18 (Severing Our Shackles)
Sr. Francelle’s Devotion: From Suffering to Surrender
Faith Challenges: Let’s generously share the LIFE Group by fwding a devotion or using the Facebook “invite people to join” link.
* NEW: How are you reminded of your need for God? Consider commenting on the Facebook page.
Counter-Culture News: LifeSiteNews, Vatican, American Family Association, Priests for Life
* Let’s never forget the horrific reality of abortion (images), #1 cause of death in America (23% of pregnancies). Let’s courageously share ProLife Truth to expose abortion’s unjust peace, rebuilding a Culture of Life for setting the unborn (and parents) free!
* NEW: 40 Days for Life (until 28 March, 188 babies saved so far), “Remember that this is Spiritual Warfare”
Feast Day: St. John Joseph of the Cross, “Self-denial is never an end in itself but is only a help toward greater charity—as the life of Saint John Joseph shows…”
Faith Quote: “Many would be willing to have afflictions provided that they not be inconvenienced by them.” St. Francis De Sales
Through Christ our Lord,
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead.
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that take our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, pornography, bitterness, criticalness, impatience, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ (Blessed Mother Teresa).
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead a friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service (Matt 28:19).