31 Oct Psalm 111:5 (fear God, choose Life)
Posted on Friday 31 October, 2008
Welcome God every morning before your work
by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com
), which has snippets from Living Faith (livingfaith.com
). All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
[The Lord] has given food to those who fear Him; He will forever be mindful of His covenant. Psalm 111:5
Living Faith snippets: “Fear of the Lord means a healthy respect for who He is and what He can do. His promises hold true as He leads us into a deeper understanding of the choices that bring Life [abortion ends Life]. Living in harmony with His design can lead us into beautiful seasons of blessing.” by Kristin Armstrong
* This weekend, let’s all turn our compassion to action by working to save literally millions of babies through advocating for ProLife candidates. Convince even just one friend/family member what is really at stake with this election on 4 Nov, pray at your local abortion mill, etc. Speak up now to help end the silence of the unjust peace surrounding abortion in America. The title of this article gives the bottom line of this election, Vote as if Lives Depend on It – Because They Do
* For ProLife election news, check out http://www.lifesitenews.com/
. Here are snippets from one of the articles: “The Archbishop of Omaha, Most Reverend Elden F. Curtiss, has provided a clear directive on the “serious moral obligation to promote the common good by exercising our right to vote.” The Archbishop joined the more than 80 Catholic prelates who have said that abortion and right to life are the defining issues in this election. “There are many serious issues at stake in this election, but none is more important than abortion,” he wrote. Stating the need to give help to women with unplanned pregnancies who are without the resources to give birth or to care for their babies, Archbishop Curtiss again stresses “the very first right we must protect, if all human rights are to be protected, is the right to life for the unborn. Those who do not understand or accept this basic human right are unworthy of our trust.”
* The 40 Days for Life campaign ends Sun, 2 Nov. The national director, Dave Bereit, shared this: “At a fundraising banquet for a pregnancy resource center in Jacksonville, Pam Tebow, mother of Heisman trophy winner Tim Tebow, shared her amazing testimony about how doctors had actually advised her to abort Tim…And why she refused. She also shared how ESPN broadcast their amazing pro-life testimony around the world, saving other lives.” For the whole story go to http://40daysforlife.com/blog/?p=168
Sister Francelle devotion:
Read her devotion titled “All Saints Day, 1 Nov” at http://sisterfrancelle.blogspot.com/
. A few snippets: “Dearest Ones, What great rejoicing there must have been in heaven on Sunday, October 19 when the parents of St. Therese, Louis and Zelie Martin were declared “Blessed.” In times like today, when the traditional family is being threatened, it is a good time to hold up the importance of a mother’s and father’s influence. The number one job of parents is the tremendous responsibility to raise children to become saints. The reason the Church canonizes saints is to encourage us. Most saints are not canonized…all that matters is if we finally make it to heaven.”
Our Prayers: Abortion’s end Prayer to End Abortion, chastity, our enemies, our troops, natural disasters, depression/ despair, dementia, cancer cure, prisoners, leaders integrity, loss of loved ones, lack of faith, Rob (St. Patrick’s parish prayer list), Tina Castle (Jason Peter’s son)
* Each day until the election let’s say this novena prayer together: www.priestsforlife.org/novenas/election-day-novena.aspx
. Lets pray for a change of heart for all Pro-Death candidates. Let’s pray for courage to let Christ lead our vote and to publicly talk about ProLife. As part of our election prayer each day, let’s fast from something that takes our eyes off of Jesus (selfishness, bitterness, being so critical, impatience, judgment, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and/or take on something that fixes our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
Faith Quote: “Abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. It has sown violence and discord at the heart of the most intimate human relationships. It has portrayed the greatest of gifts – a child – as a competitor, an intrusion, and an inconvenience (Letter to US Supreme Court, February, 1994). It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish.” Blessed Mother Teresa
Through Christ for ProLife,
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others. Wayne Watson lyrics, “When God’s people pray, there is hope reborn, there is sin forgiven, and miracles you can’t explain await!” ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead & see Him.’
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might lie as you wish’ Blessed Mother Teresa.
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for non-believers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!