01 Jun Psalm 112:5-6 (religious freedom, China)
Posted on Monday 01 June, 2009
Let’s welcome God every morning before work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith. All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
Well for the man who is gracious and lends, who conducts his affairs with justice. He shall never be moved; the just man shall be in everlasting remembrance. Psalm 112:5-6 (full readings)
Living Faith snippets: “How will you be remembered by your family, your friends and the people you work with? People who are generous to others often live in other people’s memories. They are a gift to us all.” by Fr. Kenneth E. Grabner
Pat nuggets: Angi, me, and four cadets returned safely from China (13-29 May)…thank you for your prayers! We are so blessed to have religious freedom in America…to practice and share our faith in Jesus Christ. China is only 1% Christian, and members of the Chinese Communist Party (5.5%) are not allowed to practice religion. The Chinese government severely restricts religious education and prohibits proselytizing. We were still able to pray privately and love openly. For example, Angi boldly fed a crippled man who was frightening tourists by his emotional behavior. “Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words.” St. Francis of Assisi
* Sr Francelle’s devotion: Pentecost, Birthday of the Church.
* Thanks to Rich for doing all of the devotions while I was in China! Thanks to Angi’s Mom for watching Paige and Grace for us!
* Today is Angi’s birthday. She is a huge blessing to others (kind and generous). She helps me walk closer to Christ through her discipline, courage, and unconditional love. Happy birthday, Angi!
Faith Challenge: Let’s challenge each other to joyfully live out the Good News.
* NEW: Today’s image was taken near the Temple of Heaven. Let’s make a slice of heaven today by generously reaching out to others with love (service, dignity, forgiveness).
* Let’s never forget the horrific reality of abortion (images)…#1 cause of death in America. Let’s courageously share ProLife Truth (John 14:6) to create social tension for exposing abortion’s unjust peace…rebuilding a Culture of Life (Matt 5:16) and setting the unborn free!
* NEW: Stephanie Kemp shared these powerful 4 min videos: Miracle of Life video and “Can I Live” music video.
Our Prayers: Those who pray together stay together. Fasting ideas in footnote below.
* Prayer to end abortion, abused children, chastity, peace, our enemies, our troops, depression/ despair, prisoners, ProLife politicians, illnesses/injuries, jobs, natural disasters, addictions.
* NEW: Matt Kayser (classmate Lt Rosslyn Schulte and family…she was killed in Afghanistan), Carla Neal (Dan, Denise, Ruth & Julie), Sue Peters (Wendi Kotlinsky cancer treatment)
Feast Day of St. Justin Martyr: We can relate to many parts of his journey to the Truth…inspiring!
Faith Quote: “Love makes us seek what is good; love makes us better persons. Love makes you reach out to others in need; whoever they are, wherever they are. “The man without love has known nothing of God; for God is love” (1 John 4:8).” by John Paul II
Through Christ our Lord,
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead.’
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that take our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, bitterness, being so critical, impatience, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ (Blessed Mother Teresa).
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.Let’s joyfully invite others to join our LIFE Group…Rich or Pat will gladly add them to the devotions distribution list (Mark 16:15)!