13 Aug Psalm 113:3 (praise God)
Posted on Wednesday 13 August, 2008
* Welcome God every morning before work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith (livingfaith.com). All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
From the rising to the setting of the sun is the name of the Lord to be praised. Psalm 113:3
Living Faith snippets: “From the rising of the sun to its setting–anywhere on earth–God is wide awake, mindfully caring for us. An additional consolation for me is that when I go to bed early or sleep late, you are there and, with so many others around the world, praising God in those perpetual risings and settings.” by Fr. James Krings
Rich’s comments: Praise God no matter what circumstances we may be facing in our lives. This may seem easier during good times than bad. This may be due in part to our confusion about the meaning of thanksgiving and praise. Thanksgiving describes our attitude toward what God has done, while praise is offered for who God is. By focusing on God and not on ourselves, we reinforce the power and presence of God in our lives.
ProLife news: http://www.lifenews.com/.
Feast Day (Sts. Pontian and Hippolytus): http://www.americancatholic.org/Features/SaintOfDay/default.asp?id=1106
Our Prayers: Abortion, chastity, our enemies/our troops, natural disasters, depression/ despair, dementia, cancer, prisoners, Liz Curry (Drew, 2 yr old, kidney tumor surgery recovery), Deb Kayser (rotator cuff and hand surgeries), Jomary Chenet (daughter Jolie recovering from surgery), Ross and Kacie Paulick (discerning God’s direction for their lives)
Faith Quotes: “Faith makes the discords of the present the harmonies of the future.” by Robert Collyer
Through Christ Our Lord,
* Today’s Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml. Reflection on readings at http://www.daily-meditations.org/index2.html
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others. Wayne Watson lyrics, “When God’s people pray, there is hope reborn, there is sin forgiven, and miracles you can’t explain await!” “If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead & see Him.”
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ Blessed Mother Teresa. Prayer to End Abortion. Ask Blessed Margaret of Castello for her prayers to end abortion.
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for non-believers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!
Post A Comment