28 Mar Psalm 118:24 (Joy)
Posted on Friday 28 March, 2008
* Welcome God every morning before work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion, which has snippets from Living Faith (http://www.livingfaith.com/).
This is the day the Lord has made; let us be glad and rejoice in it. Psalm 118:24
Living Faith snippets: “Perhaps the greatest joy ever experienced by anyone in the history of the world was when the apostles and disciples realized that the crucified Master had indeed returned from the dead. It was a spiritual joy that the world could not take from them — and it is the same spiritual joy we should experience if we are growing in holiness. But how often is this joy evident in the lives of individuals and the Church?” by Fr. Benedict J. Groeschel, C.F.R. Turn To Me: Lenten Reflections on Discipleship
Rich’s comments: I finished a good book last week called The Resurrection Factor by Josh McDowell, in which he investigates the historical evidence and shows how it solidly supports the resurrection of Jesus Christ. At the beginning of the book the author recalled a story about how he was stopped at a stop light and a lady in the car next to him yelled out her window to him, “What right do you have to be so happy!?” I saw this same aura of happiness surrounding my friend Pat, which drew me to seek out the source of this joy from him. I always think about this when I hear the Newsboys song “Shine” on the radio (lyrics below) and I ask myself what others see in me.
make em wonder whatcha got
make em wish that they were not
on the outside looking bored
let it shine before all men
let em see good works and then
let em glorify the lord
Let the resurrection joy lift us from loneliness and weakness and despair to strength and beauty and happiness. Amen.
Through Christ Our Lord,
* Daily Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml.
* LIFE Prayers at life-prayers.blogspot.com. Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others (so let’s pray daily!). Click for Prayer to End Abortion.
* Defend the unborn: Pro-Life websites at life-devotions.blogspot.com. ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ Blessed Mother Teresa.
* Sr. Francelle devotions at sisterfrancelle.blogspot.com and COUGARS daily devotions at cougarsdaily.blogspot.com. Let me know if you would like to be added.
* Share the Good News: Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!
Post A Comment