09 Jun Psalm 121:1-2,7 (journey to God, finding time)
* Welcome God every morning before work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith (livingfaith.com).
I lift up my eyes toward the mountains; whence shall help come to me? My help is from the Lord…The Lord will guard you from all evil. Psalm 121:1-2,7
Living Faith snippets: “The psalmist seems to feel so secure, so trusting in God. Much of the time I feel quite the opposite: frantic, doubtful and afraid. Yet there are also times when I think I have a sense of quiet certainty that lies at the heart of the psalm. I long to know God. [This psalm] touches a part of me that is ever on the move and yet wants only to rest in God. In our journey to God, we are always already there.” by Karla Manternach
* My Aunt Kay shared this poem recently. I also remember this poem being shared at Search retreats. “I knelt to pray but not for long, I had too much to do. I had to hurry and get to work, for bills would soon be due. So I knelt and said a hurried prayer, and jumped up off my knees. My Christian duty was now done. My soul could rest at ease. All day long I had no time to spread a word of cheer. No time to speak of Christ to friends, they’d laugh at me I’d fear. No time, no time, too much to do, that was my constant cry, no time to give to souls in need. But at last the time, the time to die. I went before the Lord. I came, I stood with down cast eyes. For in His hands God held a book. It was the book of life. God looked into his book and said, ‘Your name I cannot find. I once was going to write it down…but never found the time’.”
ProLife news: lifesitenews.com
Feast Day of St. Ephrem: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephrem_the_Syrian
Our Prayers: Abortion, our enemies, our troops, China earthquake, Myanmar cyclone, depression/despair, prisoners, Vicki Miller (her cancer treatment), Beth O’Connor (her friend Cally)
Through Christ for ProLife,
* Outreach: Let’s gladly invite those near us to join our LIFE Devotions group (Mark 16:15), providing routine spiritual connection and strength (simply forward a devotion with an invitation).
* Today’s Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml.
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others. Wayne Watson lyrics, “When God’s people pray, there is hope reborn, there is sin forgiven, and miracles you can’t explain await!” “If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead & see Him.”
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ Blessed Mother Teresa. Click for Prayer to End Abortion.
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for non-believers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!
Post A Comment