01 Oct Psalm 139:13 (Marathon of Hope)
“You formed my inmost being; you knit me in my mother’s womb.” Psalm 139:13 (full readings)
* Just the other night I watched an extraordinary documentary on the life of Terry Fox which touched my heart. Terry Fox ran across Canada in 1980 to raise funds for cancer research. With a prosthetic leg, he ran 3,339 miles in 143 days (almost a marathon each day)…and met his race goal of raising a dollar for every Canadian at that time (over $24 million). He was a LIFE Runner! See this inspiring ESPN video about Terry’s amazing life and learn more about his Marathon of Hope at Terryfox.org.
* After watching the video and learning that he didn’t finish and died 9 months later, my niece Paige said, “I bet in heaven he finished it.” I think he did, too, Paige!
* My brother Pat shared, “Terry Fox is one of my new running partners…tears are welling up as I write this. Lord, may the LIFE Runners run with the same conviction for Life as Terry Fox…and if it is your will, may we have Terry Fox like impact…for the voiceless Unborn…all for your glory…Amen.“
* Today’s beautiful image was created by Nellie Edwards of Immaculata Art. Nellie recently shared, “Attached is my just completed “Sacred Communion,” which of course, speaks of the “Real Presence” we can join Our Lady in adoring!” Timely how it fit today’s verse so nicely!
* This Sunday, Oct. 3rd, is Respect Life Sunday…support your local Life Chain: background and locations.
Faith Challenge: What ProLife offering can you make to the Lord during the 40 Days for Life (until 31 Oct) to have a “Terry Fox” impact on those around you?
Sr. Francelle’s Devotion: Why they didn’t believe Jesus…
Counter-Culture News: LSN, Vatican, AFA, Priests for Life, Live Action.
Our Prayers: Prayer to end abortion. Peters family (JP), Rich Reich (cousin Tom cancer), Helene Couchon (Molly Barber’s health), Kathy Schwab (daughter’s friend Marty fighting Leukemia)
* Leslee/Allen Unruh (grandbaby Pierce’s brain surgery Today), Nellie Edwards (special intention), Fr. David (for Bill Gardiner with lung cancer)
* Pope Benedict (“That Catholic universities may more and more be places where, in the light of the Gospel, experience the harmonious unity existing between faith and reason. For understanding that the task of proclaiming Christ is an absolutely necessary service to which the Church is called for the benefit of humanity.”)
Feast Day of St. Therese of the Child Jesus: “I prefer the monotony of obscure sacrifice to all ecstasies. To pick up a pin for love can convert a soul.” ~ St. Therese
Faith Quote: “I remember promising myself that should I live I would prove myself deserving of Life.” ~ Terry Fox
Through Christ Our Lord,