28 Oct Psalm 19:2-3 (revealing God’s mystery)
Posted on Tuesday 28 October, 2008
Welcome God every morning before your work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith (livingfaith.com). All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
The heavens declare the glory of God, and the firmament proclaims his handiwork. Day pours out the word to day, and night to night imparts knowledge. Psalm 19:2-3
Living Faith snippets: “Our culture is averse to mystery. And yet the ability to handle mystery is an important component of our faith. God does not reveal the whole picture. He knows that we could not understand or handle it. He gives us only what is necessary and meets us where we are.” by Kristin Armstrong
Rich’s comments: You might remember the frustrations you had as a child, not understanding the decisions your parents made for you about what you could or couldn’t do. Or you might be experiencing the other side of the coin as a parent trying to raise your children. As a parent you know that a child doesn’t need to understand every detail about how his parents manage a household (e.g. pay the bills, balance a budget, make decisions, etc.). All the child needs to know is that his parents love him. God may keep many wonders of His universe a mystery, but one thing that He has definitely made visible to us, His children, is that He loves us!
40 Days for Life campaign (24 Sep to 2 Nov): Campaigns in 179 cities in 47 states (24/7 for 40 days). Please sign up to pray an hour in front your local abortion mill.
* Updates from the national director, David Bereit, at http://www.40daysforlife.com/.
* ProLife news: http://www.lifenews.com/
Our Prayers: Abortion’s end, chastity, our enemies, our troops, natural disasters, depression/ despair, dementia, cancer cure, prisoners, leaders integrity, loss of loved ones, lack of faith, Rob (St. Patrick’s parish prayer list), Tina Castle (Jason Peter’s son)
* Lets pray for a change of heart for all Pro-Death candidates. Let’s also pray for courage to let Christ lead our vote…and to publicly talk up and clap for ProLife.
* Each day from now until election day (nine days), let’s all say an election novena prayer together: www.priestsforlife.org/novenas/election-day-novena.aspx. Also, as part of our election prayer each day, let’s fast from something that is taking our focus off of Jesus (selfishness, judgment, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and/or take on something (selflessness, forgiveness, caring, helping, listening) that causes us to watch The Lamb (also The Lion, Aslan).
Feast Day (Sts. Simon and Jude): http://www.americancatholic.org/Features/SaintOfDay/default.asp?id=1182
Faith Quote: “God can show Himself as He really is only to real men. And that means not simply to men who are individually good, but to men who are united together in a body, loving one another, helping one another, showing Him to one another.” – C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
Through Christ Our Lord,
* Today’s Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml. Reflection on readings at http://www.daily-meditations.org/index2.html
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others. Wayne Watson lyrics, “When God’s people pray, there is hope reborn, there is sin forgiven, and miracles you can’t explain await!” ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead & see Him.’
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might lie as you wish’ Blessed Mother Teresa. Prayer to End Abortion.
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for non-believers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!
Post A Comment