28 Apr Psalm 31:6 (Trusting in God)
Posted on Tuesday 28 April, 2009
Let’s welcome God every morning before work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith. All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
Into your hands I commend my spirit. Psalm 31:6
Living Faith snippets: “These powerful words of the psalmist, made all the more sacred when Jesus uttered them on the cross, offer us profound freedom from the worries and cares that can overwhelm us. These few words make a wonderful prayer at bedtime, or in the middle of the night if the cares of the day surface to tug at our hearts once again. Though it takes some faith to pray these words from the heart, it is much harder to avoid them by putting all the burden on ourselves.” by Mark Neilsen
During my prayerful reflection this morning I read the online devotion One Bread, One Body
. I am very moved by its powerful Pro-Life message and I wanted to share it with you below.
At Easter time, we celebrate life and the victory of life over death through Jesus’ resurrection. Christians are “pro-life” in the most extreme sense of the word. Yet, like Saul, we sometimes find ourselves concurring “in the act of killing” (Acts 8:1). We are pro-life by conviction but pro-death by default. For example, Saul joined in the mob’s murder of Stephen by merely letting
the murderers pile their cloaks at his feet (Acts 7:58). He did not touch Stephen. He may not have even touched the cloaks. He just stood there, but that’s all it takes to be an accomplice. Apathy is as deadly as violence. At this Easter season, let’s break all ties with death and wash all the blood from our hands. Let’s not pretend apathy is innocence but rather repent and decide to wake up, stand up, and speak up for life. Every baby in the womb, starving child, victim of racism, and helpless old person is our business because we are committed to Jesus, “the Resurrection and the Life” (Jn 11:25).
Faith Challenge: Let’s challenge each other to joyfully live out the Good News.
* NEW: Trust in God as Stephen did. Have the courage to be the voice of the unborn. Speak out today against abortion. Do not be afraid.
Those who pray together stay together. Fasting ideas below.
* Prayer to end abortion
, abused children, chastity, peace, our enemies, our troops, depression/ despair, prisoners, ProLife
politicians, illnesses/injuries, jobs, natural disasters, addictions, Mike Castle (Nelda Alford cancer treatment), Bobby Aborn
(wife Christi with medical issues), Brooke Parsons (thanksgiving that Kelly Sullivan survived a serious car accident), Carol Nesbitt
(special intention), Stephanie Spader
Faith Quote: “Every evening I turn my worries over to God. He’s going to be up all night anyway.” by Mary C. Crowley
Through Christ our Lord,
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead.’
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that take our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, bitterness, being so critical, impatience, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ (Blessed Mother Teresa).
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s joyfully invite others to join our LIFE Group…Rich or Pat will gladly add them to the devotions distribution list (Mark 16:15)!