25 Mar Psalm 33:22 (Hope in the Risen Christ)
Posted on Tuesday 25 March, 2008
* Welcome God every morning before work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion, which has snippets from Living Faith (http://www.livingfaith.com/). Please consider sharing a comment at life-devotions.blogspot.com.
May your kindness, O Lord, be upon us who have put our hope in you. Psalm 33:22
Living Faith snippets: “Not one of them [departed family and friends] longed for death; each was busy living when the final moment–in every case, somewhat unexpectedly–arrived. Yet by their way of being in the world, they breathed a confidence that beyond all the childbearing, work and fishing of this world, there is a kingdom in the risen Jesus Christ. They have reached their end, but their lives continue to sing to him, “We have put our hope in you.” by Kevin Perrotta
Rich’s comments: Currently, it seems that we care for our lives a lot (e.g. eating healthy, staying in shape, caring for our bodies), but we limit this dimension to the present life. During this Easter Season, it is worth reflecting deeply on our existence in the context of Jesus’ promises of eternal life. It may be worth reflecting on the objectives in our lives (e.g. finishing school, saving up for a new car or vacation, etc.) We cannot exclude that many of them will occur meaningless in the big scheme of things. Having a sincere conversation with God in prayer and by reading scriptures can let us have a completely different view of our lives. Looking at ourselves from God’s perspective will show us a totally different picture of our present lives and their continuation in God. Our hope is anchored in the Risen Christ. God has big plans for us!!!
Through Christ Our Lord,
* Daily Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml.
* LIFE Prayers at life-prayers.blogspot.com. Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others (so let’s pray daily!). Click for Prayer to End Abortion.
* Defend the unborn: Pro-Life websites are listed on the blog. “Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die” (Prov 24:11). “Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you” (Jer 1:5). “It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish” Blessed Mother Teresa.
* Sr. Francelle devotions at sisterfrancelle.blogspot.com.
* COUGARS devotions at cougarsdaily.blogspot.com.
* Share the Good News: Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!