27 Jan Psalm 40:10-11 (Share the Good News)
Posted on Tuesday 27 January, 2009
Welcome God every morning before your work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith. All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
I announced your justice in the vast assembly; I did not restrain my lips, as you, O Lord, know. Your justice I kept not hid within my heart; your faithfulness and your salvation I have spoken of; I have made no secret of your kindness in the vast assembly.
Living Faith snippets: “If the people we interact with daily, our coworkers and neighbors, do not know that we are followers of Jesus of Nazareth, then maybe our words do not proclaim God’s deeds. Maybe our deeds do not shout out his Word. Good news is meant to be shared. Let’s share it!” by Claire J. King
Rich’s comments: Sharing the good news might be difficult for some who do not recognize the presence of God working in their lives. God has always been a part of my life, but I didn’t recognize His presence until I opened my heart to Him. My heart was opened to Him when I began to read the Bible daily, pray, and share my faith with others. Lord, I pray that You open our hearts so that we may recognize Your presence and share Your good news with others. Amen.
Faith Challenge: Let’s challenge each other to J.O.Y.-fully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)! Suggestions?
* NEW: Try using an alternative expression to “good luck” such as God bless, or may God be with you!
ProLife news: http://www.lifesitenews.com/ & http://www.priestsforlife.org/
* Let’s never forget the horrific reality of abortion (click here for images).
* Let’s pray for courage to communicate the ProLife message through Christ to those around us (John 14:6)…rebuilding a Culture of Life (Matt 5:16).
* NEW: I participated in A Women’s Answer (AWA
) Medical Center Walk for Life in Gainesville
, Florida this weekend. About 50 of us Christians walked from Holy Faith Church to the new AWA
Medical Center and back, while praying and holding signs that read “Life, the first inalienable right.” The AWA
Medical Center (http://www.awagiving.com/
) will open its doors on March 1, 2009 and will offer pregnancy tests and counseling, and eventually ultrasound, STD testing, and pre
Our Prayers: Prayer to End Abortion
, chastity, peace, our enemies, our troops, depression/ despair, prisoners, Pres Obama/politicians, lack of faith, illnesses/injuries, Papa Joe Castle (brain bleed resolution), Maureen Morgan (reconciliation for Sue Peterson and son), Rob Ouellette
(Julie, Peg, Dottie, Chris, Don), Jason/Deanna Peters (son JP on ventilator, read here
), Carol Nesbitt
(for family of Colleen Hurley-Lund
who passed away suddenly)
Faith Quote: “Put God first in your life, Who first put you into life!” by Fr. John Gillespie
Through Christ Our Lord,
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others. Wayne Watson lyrics, “When God’s people pray, there is hope reborn, there is sin forgiven, and miracles you can’t explain await!” ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead & see Him.’
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that takes our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, bitterness, being so critical, impatience, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might lie as you wish’ Blessed Mother Teresa.
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s J.O.Y.-fully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!