14 Apr Psalm 42:2 (Longing to Pray)
Posted on Monday 14 April, 2008
* Welcome God every morning before work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith (www.livingfaith.com).
As the hind longs for the running waters, so my soul longs for you, O God. Psalm 42:2
Living Faith snippets: “In my deepest level of prayer I almost always end up with a deep, unspeakable longing. I then feel myself reaching out to the universe, reaching out to God from the innermost core of myself. Just as water is so much more precious when one is thirsty…So I cherish my thirst for God as the gift that keeps me seeking.” by Aileen O’Donoghue
Sr. Francelle snippets: Dearest Ones, When you live for others, God makes you happy. Love is always active. You can’t hide it….one can’t have love without showing it. Love is not a feeling, it is a decision. Feelings come and go. Pornography is a sin in the mind. People rationalize, saying, “I was just thinking about it, I didn’t do it.” We must remember that if an improper thought comes, it is a temptation, not a sin, but if we entertain it, keep holding on to it, it can become a sin. If one is constantly thinking, “What’s in it for me? or “What about me?” – there will be constant friction in families. A saint once said, “The saddest thing to remember when we reach heaven will be all the times we had to have our own way.” In God’s love and mine, Sister Francelle
Through Christ for ProLife,
* Today’s Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml.
* Prayer: If you have a prayer request, simply send it to our distribution list at firstname.lastname@example.org. Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others (so let’s pray daily!). Wayne Watson lyrics, “When God’s people pray, there is hope reborn, there is sin forgiven, and miracles you can’t explain await!” “If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead & see Him.”
* Defend the unborn: Pro-Life websites at life-devotions.blogspot.com. ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ Blessed Mother Teresa. Click for Prayer to End Abortion.
* Other devotions: Sr. Francelle (sisterfrancelle.blogspot.com) and COUGARS daily (cougarsdaily.blogspot.com). Would you like to be added?
* Share the Good News: Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!
Post A Comment