21 Aug Psalm 51:12 (clean heart)
Posted on Thursday 21 August, 2008
* Welcome God every morning before work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith (livingfaith.com). All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
A clean heart create for me, O God … Psalm 51:12
Living Faith snippets: “Notice that the above verse does not say “help me create a clean heart.” Rather, the psalmist implies that God is the one who effectively cleans up the mess inside. The Holy One helps clean our soiled heart through pricks of conscience, those unsettling nudges to change our ways, and the sharp reminders, often by the very people we dislike, of who we are and how we are to live.” by Sr. Joyce Rupp
Rich’s comments: God is the one who cleans our hearts. The question is whether or not we want to have a clean heart. Are we allowing God to work in us, or are we ignoring the “pricks of conscience, unsettling nudges, and sharp reminders.” Those who have created an intimate relationship with Christ through prayer and reading scripture might find it easier to recognize His voice in our hearts. We need only to listen.
ProLife news: http://www.lifenews.com/.
Feast Day (St. Pius X):
Our Prayers: Abortion, chastity, our enemies/our troops, natural disasters, depression/ despair, dementia, cancer, prisoners, Liz Curry (Drew, 2 yr old, kidney tumor surgery recovery)
Faith Quote: “A clean heart is a free heart. A free heart can love Christ with an undivided love in chastity, convinced that nothing and nobody will separate it from his love.” by Mother Theresa
Through Christ Our Lord,
* Today’s Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml. Reflection on readings at http://www.daily-meditations.org/index2.html
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others. Wayne Watson lyrics, “When God’s people pray, there is hope reborn, there is sin forgiven, and miracles you can’t explain await!” “If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead & see Him.”
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ Blessed Mother Teresa. Prayer to End Abortion. Ask Blessed Margaret of Castello for her prayers to end abortion.
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for non-believers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!
Post A Comment