22 Jan Psalm 57:2 (37th Anniversary of Roe v Wade)
Posted on Friday 22 January, 2010
Let’s welcome God today by reflecting on this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (website, Facebook), based on Living Faith. All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
In the shadow of your wings I take refuge, till harm pass by. Psalm 57:2 (full readings)
Living Faith snippets: “This psalm evokes the image of God as a mother bird enveloping a young chick, not allowing the little innocent to be harmed by the harsh conditions outside the nest. This is our God, our Abba, who wants to be as close to us as a loving parent to a child. God, our shelter and protector, we are grateful for your vigilant watch over our lives and your desire to save us from distress.“ by David Nantais
Rich’s comments: Today, on the 37th anniversary of Roe v Wade, I will be presenting a new ultrasound machine to A Woman’s Answer Medical Center in Gainesville, Florida, which I hope and pray will save many lives. This ultrasound machine was purchased through 9 months of fundraising efforts of local Knights of Columbus councils. Ultrasound technology opens a window into the womb and dramatically shows the humanity of the unborn, even to the doubting eyes of those who may not have previously shared our regard for the sanctity of unborn human life. Lord, may we follow Your example as our loving, protective parent and defend the defenseless unborn. Amen.
Faith Challenges: Let’s generously share the LIFE Group by forwarding a devotion to others or by using the Facebook Group “invite people to join” link to invite your friends. Steve, Rich, or Pat will gladly add others to the email list.
* NEW: Take a moment of silence today out of your busy schedule to pray for the 52 million unborn babies who have been murdered in the US since the legalization of abortion on January 22, 1973.
* NEW: Please read Sr. Francelle’s devotion (Ordinary Life) to learn how a life with Jesus is never ordinary.
Counter-Culture News: LifeSiteNews, Vatican, American Family Association, Priests for Life
* Let’s never forget the horrific reality of abortion (images), #1 cause of death in America (23% of pregnancies). Let’s courageously share ProLife Truth to create social tension for exposing abortion’s unjust peace, rebuilding a Culture of Life for setting the unborn (and parents) free!
Our Prayers: Those who pray together stay together. Fasting ideas in footnote below.
* Prayer to end abortion, abused children, chastity, peace, our enemies, our troops, depression/despair, prisoners, politicians, illnesses/injuries, jobs, natural disasters, refugees, addictions, persecuted believers, Peters family (JP, Rebekah), Health care reform (protect the unborn), Haitian earthquake victims, James Ramesbothom (peace for his dying Grandma), Chris Wyckoff (for family during his deployment)
Feast Day of St. Vincent: St. Vincent remained faithful to God throughout his torture and suffering, trusting in God’s protection.
Faith Quote: “America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. It has sown violence and discord at the heart of the most intimate human relationships. It has aggravated the derogation of the father’s role in an increasingly fatherless society. It has portrayed the greatest of gifts — a child — as a competitor, an intrusion, and an inconvenience. It has nominally accorded mothers unfettered dominion over the independent lives of their physically dependent sons and daughters. And, in granting this unconscionable power, it has exposed many women to unjust and selfish demands from their husbands or other sexual partners. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being’s entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign.” – Mother Teresa
Through Christ our Lord,
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead.
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that take our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, pornography, bitterness, criticalness, impatience, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ (Blessed Mother Teresa).
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead a friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service (Matt 28:19).
Post A Comment