22 Apr Psalm 66:16 (Faith Sharing)
Posted on Thursday 22 April, 2010
Let’s welcome God today
with this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (archive
), based on Living Faith
. Prove yourselves doers of the Word, and not merely hearers.
Hear now, all you who fear God, while I declare what he has done for me.
Psalm 66:16 (full readings
Living Faith snippets: “In my weakest moments, when fear threatens to engulf me and my unbelief taunts me, I recall how God has saved me in the past. I have a list of these intimate miracles – when God has gone before me and turned an impossible situation around, when circumstances were so aligned against me that the presence of an Almighty God was the only explanation remaining after the dust settled. When I speak these memories out loud, something shifts. The heavens open in response to my praise, and my heart opens in response to his power.” by Kristin Armstrong
Rich’s comments: If you have never had the opportunity to share your faith with others, you should try it. It is exhilarating! Sit down with some people you can trust and open up to them. Share with them about the God-sightings you have had in your life. Talk about how God was there when you really needed Him. These stories of witness are very reassuring of our faith and help to dissolve fear that we are alone. Like today’s Living Faith devotion says, “something shifts when I speak [about the presence of God] out loud. The heavens open in response to my praise, and my heart opens in response to his power.” Lord, may I be a witness to Your glory. Amen.
* Happy birthday to Pat on Friday, April 23rd. Thank you brother for sharing your faith with me.
Let’s generously share the LIFE Group by forwarding devotions or using the Facebook
“invite people” link.
* NEW: Try faith sharing today with the LIFE Group. How has God shown His presence (God-sightings) in your life?
Consider sharing any faith comments on the Facebook
page (“like” button?), to encourage many.
* Reality of abortion (images
), #1 cause of death (23% of pregnancies). Expose this unjust peace, setting unborn/parents free.
* NEW: Tebow: I Lost Endorsement Opportunities over Pro-Life Ad
– The Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback said, “losing sponsors was a small price to pay for the ability to spread this message about family and faith.” Have the courage to share your faith with the LIFE Group today by providing your comments on the Facebook
Those who pray together stay together, and close to God (footnotes). Peters family (JP
), Prayer to end abortion
. Vicki Kerkvliet
(hip pain), Pam McGushin
(parent’s health), Jean Noon (God’s will for her Mom).
Faith Quote: “What are Christians put into the world for except to do the impossible in the strength of God.” – General S. C. Armstrong
Through Christ our Lord,
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. “If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead.”
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that take our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, pornography, bitterness, criticalness, impatience, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ (Blessed Mother Teresa).
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead a friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service (Matt 28:19).