12 Mar Psalm 81:8 (Broad Shoulders)
In distress you called, and I rescued you. Psalm 81:8 (full readings)
Living Faith snippets: “Recently I watched my nephew Chris feeding his six-month-old son in his high chair. Each time Chris brought the spoon close to his son’s mouth, the baby leaned forward and opened his mouth very wide. Chris mused, “He looks just like a baby bird.” When it comes to feeding us, God thinks of everything…the image of parents feeding their children is certainly an appropriate one for God. Caring God, I thank you for all the ways you feed me. Help me to nourish someone you bring into my life today .” by Sr. Melannie Svoboda, S.N.D.
Steve’s Thoughts: This past Sunday at my parish’s Lifeteen gathering (for teenagers) we watched a video of an extraordinary woman, Renee Bondi. Our theme for the night was “Nailed” and the goal was to communicate the Love of God in spite of the suffering we see around us. Renee testified to the power of God’s grace and love in her life as she talked about her anger toward God not at her own misfortune (which was extraordinary), but at the misfortune of her sister. She had never known real anger, even after her tragic accident, until her sister crashed a four wheeler and was paralyzed as well. She soon realized how the anger in her life was rotting her from the inside out (like a potato)…in her desperation she cried out to God, “I SURRENDER, I SURRENDER, I SURRENDER!” Every time she felt that wave of anger overcome her she would cry out and surrender it to God. Eventually God delivered her from that anger in a moment of joy with a friend. It was gone as quickly as it had entered her life. God can deliver (save) us from whatever ails us. It is is up to us to seek him. It may not come in the way we imagined, but God will find a way to get us through whatever trial we are facing. Please consider surrendering whatever ails you today to the Lord. He’s got broad shoulders…
Faith Challenges: Let’s generously share the LIFE Group by fwding a devotion or using the Facebook “invite people to join” link.
* NEW: What is God calling you to surrender over to him today? Comments on the Facebook page can be appreciated by many.
Counter-Culture News: LifeSiteNews, Vatican, American Family Association, Priests for Life
* Let’s never forget the horrific reality of abortion (images), #1 cause of death in America (23% of pregnancies). Let’s courageously share ProLife Truth to expose abortion’s unjust peace, rebuilding a Culture of Life for setting the unborn (and parents) free!
Faith Quote: “It is not my wounds but yours, O Christ, that hurt me.” – St. Fina (Seraphina)
Through Christ our Lord,
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead.
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that take our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, pornography, bitterness, criticalness, impatience, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ (Blessed Mother Teresa).
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead a friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service (Matt 28:19).