30 Jul Psalm 84:4 (faith and acceptance)
Posted on Thursday 30 July, 2009
Let’s welcome God every morning by reflecting on this short Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which is based on Living Faith. All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow a nest in which she put her young…
Psalm 84:4 (full readings
Living Faith snippets: “I often pray for guidance, asking God to put me in the right place to do his will. I ask God to give me opportunities and situations to be of use to him. Sometimes, when his response doesn’t match my own sense of timing and purpose, I feel like he’s not hearing me. I want God’s response, but on my own terms. Only that’s not the way it works. Our act of faith is to accept God on his terms and learn to do his work wherever we find ourselves. God, use me where and when you need me most.” Steve Givens
Rich’s comments: It takes a lot of faith and humility to let go of our own plans and to trust in God’s plans for us. Life has many twists and turns that we do not always understand at the present, but if you take some time to reflect on your past you might see where God has touched your life and given you purpose. We only need to have faith and accept that God is with us.
Let’s invite others to join us (Mark 16:15
)…Rich/Pat will gladly add them to the LIFE Group distro
(202 email addresses).
* NEW: Do God’s work wherever you find yourselves even if its not on your own terms.
* Let’s never forget the horrific reality of abortion (images
)…#1 cause of death in America. Let’s courageously share ProLife
Truth (John 14:6
) to create social tension for exposing abortion’s unjust peace…rebuilding a Culture of Life (Matt 5:16
) and setting the unborn free!
Our Prayers: Those who pray together stay together. Fasting ideas in footnote below.
* Prayer to end abortion
, abused children, chastity, peace, our enemies, our troops, depression/ despair, prisoners, ProLife
politicians, illnesses/injuries, jobs, natural disasters, addictions, LIFE Runners TC Marathon (4 Oct), Carla Neal (Sara’s Son and all military in Iraq)
* NEW: Carol’s cousin Rob (gravely ill with brain cancer)
Faith Quote: “I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world. ” – Mother Teresa
Through Christ our Lord,
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead.’
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that take our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, bitterness, being so critical, impatience, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ (Blessed Mother Teresa).
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.