25 Sep Psalm 90:17 (reflecting God’s work)
Prosper the work of our hands for us! Psalm 90:17
Living Faith snippets: “What does it mean to ask God to “prosper” the work that our hands do? When our “work” prospers, more happens than financial success or affirmation of what we achieve. We know our work prospers when the best of who we are comes forth, when what we do benefits not only ourselves but others, when the results of our work offer wisdom and guidance for the next generation. One of the ways to ensure that our work prospers is by daily rededicating all we are and all we do to the One who helps our work succeed.” by Sr. Joyce Rupp, O.S.M.
Rich’s comments: Tomorrow, September 26th, another movie by Sherwood Pictures, the moviemaking ministry of Sherwood Baptist Church in Albany, Georgia will be coming out. These are the creators of the surprise success movie of 2006, Facing the Giants. This moviemaking ministry produces very low budget movies with a priceless message. I heard from my radio this morning that the actors are not paid, equipment is donated, Sunday school teachers prepare meals for the film crew and actors, they begin each day of filming in prayer, etc., all so that they can bring a powerful message to everyone. Kirk Cameron, who is an actor in the film, said that this movie set is a lot different than most Hollywood sets in that there are no egos or financial matters to worry about. This is a perfect example of what it means to ask God to “prosper” the work of our hands; to reflect God’s love. Go to the official movie website at http://www.fireproofthemovie.com/ to find out more information.
40 Days for Life campaign (24 Sep to 2 Nov): http://www.40daysforlife.com/
* Campaigns in 179 cities in 47 states (24/7 for 40 days). Please consider signing up to pray an hour in front your local abortion mill.
* ProLife news: http://www.lifenews.com/.
Our Prayers: Abortion’s end, chastity, our enemies, our troops, natural disasters, depression/ despair, dementia, cancer cure, prisoners, leaders integrity, loss of loved ones, lack of faith, Chad Livingston (childhood pastor’s wife Kathy diagnosed with cancer).
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others. Wayne Watson lyrics, “When God’s people pray, there is hope reborn, there is sin forgiven, and miracles you can’t explain await!” “If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead & see Him.”
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might lie as you wish’ Blessed Mother Teresa. Prayer to End Abortion.
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for non-believers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!