02 Oct Psalm 91:11 (guardian angels)
Posted on Thursday 02 October, 2008
* Welcome God every morning before your work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith (livingfaith.com). All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
For to his angels he has given command about you, that they guard you in all your ways. Psalm 91:11
Living Faith snippets: “I confess that I don’t think very much about my guardian angel at all. But since angels are messengers, they must carry a message to us about God’s loving care, and about how we can respond to that care. I am sure that I would make more good decisions if I more often asked for help, help in getting the message as well as acting on it.” by Mark Neilsen
Rich’s comments: “See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven always look upon the face of my heavenly Father.” (Matt 18:10) The role of guardian angels is said to represent us before God, to watch over us always, to aid in our prayer, and to present our souls to God at death. Sometimes it may be difficult to believe that a guardian angel is constantly watching over us; however, it is not difficult to believe that God loves us. If anything, the belief in guardian angels is an expression of our faith in God’s enduring love for us. Thank you Lord for watching over me. Amen.
40 Days for Life campaign (24 Sep to 2 Nov): Campaigns in 179 cities in 47 states (24/7 for 40 days). Please sign up to pray an hour in front your local abortion mill.
* ProLife news: http://www.lifenews.com/
Our Prayers: Abortion’s end, chastity, our enemies, our troops, natural disasters, depression/ despair, dementia, cancer cure, prisoners, leaders integrity, loss of loved ones, lack of faith, Rob Ouellette (St. Patrick parish special intentions), Scott Casmer (special intention), Ann Schaefbauer (for the family of 8 yr old Mullen John Widdowson who died of cancer on 29 Sep)
Feast Day (The Guardian Angels): God created the angels to praise Him in Heaven, to lead the fight against Satan and to guide and protect us. Some of these angels are the Guardian Angels, they guard us against evil, and as God’s messengers, tell us what God wants us to do.
Faith Quote: “May the angels lead you into paradise; may the martyrs come to welcome you and take you to the holy city, the new and eternal Jerusalem.” (Rite for Christian Burial)
Through Christ Our Lord,
* Today’s Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml. Reflection on readings at http://www.daily-meditations.org/index2.html
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others. Wayne Watson lyrics, “When God’s people pray, there is hope reborn, there is sin forgiven, and miracles you can’t explain await!” ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead & see Him.’
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might lie as you wish’ Blessed Mother Teresa. Prayer to End Abortion.
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for non-believers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!
Post A Comment