01 Apr Psalm 93:1 (God’s creation)
Posted on Tuesday 01 April, 2008
* Welcome God every morning
before work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion, which has snippets from Living Faith (www.livingfaith.com
And he has made the world firm, not to be moved. Psalm 93:1
Living Faith snippets: “God’s creative activity is different from that of, say, a painter, who makes a painting and then moves on. Rather, God creates in every moment, breathing life into each of us, into all that is. Otherwise we would cease to exist. The evidence of his astonishing promise–that the world will surely stand in place–is here, now, waiting for us to see.” by Mary Marrocco
Rich’s comments: The second law of thermodynamics states that the entropy of an isolated system which is not in equilibrium will tend to increase over time, approaching a maximum value at equilibrium. In more simpler terms, the usefulness of energy constantly degrades; sort of like a wind-up toy that ceases to move after its spring mechanism has relaxed. The Earth, however, is not a wind-up toy that God has wound up and forgotten. The key word in the thermodynamics law is “isolated.” The earth is not a closed system absent from outside interaction. God is living and actively involved in His creation and He is living in us. Lord, fill our hearts with Your love. Give us the strength and courage to do Your will on Earth as it is in Heaven. Amen
Through Christ Our Lord,
* Daily Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml.
* LIFE Group prayers: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others (so let’s pray daily!). If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead & see Him. Click for Prayer to End Abortion.
* Defend the unborn: Pro-Life websites at life-devotions.blogspot.com. ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ Blessed Mother Teresa.
* Sr. Francelle devotions at sisterfrancelle.blogspot.com and COUGARS daily devotions at cougarsdaily.blogspot.com. Would you like to be added?
* Share the Good News: Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!