“The Black Hills are callin’ my name! 2012 St. Louis Marathon weekend with the LIFE Runners was so Spiritually rewarding. I LOVE the whole team aspect!” ~ Joanne Zitz (New York)
IF YOU MISSED IT, HERE IS THE EXCITING RECAP WITH PHOTOS…WOW!: LIFE Runners Face Crazy Horse Blizzard. Photos Part 1. Photos Part 2.
Crazy Horse 1K/5K/half/full Marathon (4-6 Oct, Hill City, SD): Super scenic and personal record fast (over 2/3 downhill). Promo video.
LIFE Runner Sign Up (and order your “REMEMBER The Unborn, Jer 1:5” jersey): www.LIFErunners.org/signup.
* For Crazy Horse races, we have nearly 200 LIFE Runners from 19 states (and Canada): CA, CO, CT, FL, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, MD, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, SD, TX, VA, WI. This % of total participants are LIFE Runners: 1K(19%), 5K(37%), 13.1mi(8%), 26.2mi(15%). Our “REMEMBER The Unborn, Jer 1:5” jerseys will be heard loud and clear. May our presence help change hearts and minds for saving lives!
Fundraising Campaign (28 Aug – 6 Oct): during your training, please strive to raise/contribute $262 for our national and your local Pro-Life beneficiaries. Details at liferunners.org/fundraising.
Crazy Horse Race Weekend Activities (4-6 Oct): RSVP Form for all activities (by 12pm, 4 Oct). Travel itinerary.
* Attire is casual for all events…wear LIFE Runners gear/color all weekend.
* Jeff Grabosky Presentations (Fri, 4 Oct, Rapid City): 9 to 10 am at St. Thomas More Gym (300 Fairmont Blvd) and 1 to 2pm at Terra Sancta Gym (2101 City Springs Rd). Jeff is the author of “Running with God across America”. All are welcome to attend.
* Ellsworth AFB tour (3pm to 5pm, Fri, 4 Oct, Rapid City): tour departs at 3pm from SD Air & Space Museum entrance near base main gate (2890 Rushmore Dr, Ellsworth AFB, SD). RSVP.
* Team dinner (5:30pm, Fri, 4 Oct, Golden Corral buffet, 1180 N Lacrosse St, Rapid City). RSVP.
* Mt. Rushmore (8:30am to 10:30am, Sat, 5 Oct): Meet at Rushmore Express Hotel in Keystone, SD. RSVP.
* Crazy Horse 1K/5K races and Half/Full packet pick up (11:30am to 2:30pm, Sat, 5 Oct, Hill City): Register for 1K/5K and pick up half/full marathon packets at Boys/Girls Club (297 Walnut Ave) from 11:30am to 12:15pm. LIFE Runners Creed team prayer at 12:30pm, Tracy Park. 1K/5K begins at 12:45pm. RSVP.
* Rapid City Care Net pregnancy resource center tour (3:30pm, Sat, 5 Oct, Rapid City): including Sioux Falls Alpha Center mobile medical unit. RSVP.
* Church Service (Sat, 5 Oct, Blessed Sacrament Church, Rapid City): 5:00pm to 5:30pm social and team photos. 5:30pm Mass concelebrated by LIFE Runners clergy – Bishop Gruss, Bishop Paprocki and other Priests. All denominations welcome! RSVP.
* Pre-race Banquet (Sat, 5 Oct, Blessed Sacrament Hall, Rapid City, FREE): 6:00pm to 6:30pm check-in and social. 6:30pm dinner served. Awesome speakers include Knights magazine (Columbia) editor Alton Pelowski and “Running with God across America” author Jeff Grabosky. Sponsored by Knights. RSVP.
* Pre-race Team Prayer/Photo (7:30am, Sun, 6 Oct, outside Crazy Horse Museum front doors): LIFE Runners Creed.
* Crazy Horse Half/Full Marathon (8am, Sun, 6 Oct, Crazy Horse Museum start, Hill City finish). LIFE Runners bus departs Rushmore Express Hotel (Keystone) at 6am and returns at noon.
* Post-race Celebration (10am to 2pm, Sun, 6 Oct, Little White Church, Hill City, FREE): co-sponsored by the SD Family Heritage Alliance and Rapid City Care Net PRC. RSVP.
Lodging (group rate, 3-7 Oct, Keystone): www.rushmoreexpress.com. All rooms $50/night for double occupancy and $5 for extra adults (age 12 and under free). 42 std rooms (2 queens or 1 king) and 42 suites (first come). Breakfast included. 24 hr cancel. Exercise room, pool, hot tub, free Wifi, laundry, microwave/refrig. Contact Rick Greene at (832)301-2121 or firstname.lastname@example.org..
Bus: departs St. Louis at 7pm, Thurs, 3 Oct and returns to St. Louis by 6am, Mon, 7 Oct. Pick ups in Columbia (9pm), Kansas City (11pm), Omaha, Sioux City. Stops for Sioux Falls breakfast, Corn Palace, Al’s Oasis lunch, Badlands, Ellsworth AFB. Reserve seat at contact@LIFErunners.org.