To end abortion, pray Creed individually and with teammates at events.
Witness at chapter huddles, Relay, races, and everywhere – church, school, work, grocery store, events.
BE THE ONE:
* 78% of post-abortion women said if ONE person had offered support or if they had a supportive sign, they would have chose life. Wear your “REMEMBER The Unborn” jersey as that sign of support to impact hearts and minds for saving lives.
* Planned Parenthood won’t show ultrasound image because mothers see their baby and over 64% choose Life. Lead mothers to free ultrasounds and assistance through one of the 3,000 pregnancy help centers.
* Up to 75% no show for abortion appointments when people are praying at one of the 700 abortion facilities. Pray and advocate for mothers and fathers (sidewalkadvocates.org).
* 40% of minors having an abortion report that neither of their parents knew.
* 18,000 adoptions per year (under 2 years old) compared to 900,000 abortions per year. Adoption is a choice we can all live with.
* Down syndrome people are aborted at these rates: US (80%), UK (90%), Denmark (98%), Iceland (99%).
* 51% of abortion patients were using a contraceptive method in the month they became pregnant. Abstinence is responsible and holy.
SHARE THE FACTS:
* Abortion is leading cause of death in America (900,000/yr), then heart disease (600,000/yr) and cancer (575,000/yr). For perspective, in all American conflicts there are 650,000 combat causalities. 2,500 children die from abortion each day (ends 20% of pregnancies). For perspective, from the Sep 11th attacks there are 2,996 casualties reported (actually 3,007 with 11 unborn children).
* 30% of women had an abortion: 64% felt coerced (perceive silence as consent), 84% felt they had no choice, 94% regret their abortion. 45% of abortions are repeat.
* 37% of pregnancies among black women are aborted, compared with 12% for white women and 19% for hispanic women.
* 57% of the public is against abortion ever, 65% against in 2nd trimester, 81% against in 3rd trimester. However, America is one of seven countries with abortion on demand for entire pregnancy – also Canada, Netherlands, Vietnam, Singapore, China, North Korea.
* 80% regret aborting their child because of rape and incest. Abortion does not fix horrible rape and incest circumstances. Abortion is never a solution, it is the worst problem.
* Planned Parenthood aborts over 320,000 children per year which includes 13% of clients and 31% of revenue (without tax dollars). Tax dollars make up 41% of their revenue (over $500 million per year).
* Chemical abortion (pills) account for 30% of abortions. The first pill is mifepristone which starves the baby (prevents implantation). The second pill, misoprostol, is taken up to 72 hours later to empty the uterus. Read Planned Parenthood’s description of “passing the pregnancy tissue” (baby).
* More facts at abort73.com.
ABORTION RATE LOWEST SINCE ROE (1973):
1. Churches and pastors are rising up as intended by God.
2. More pregnancy help centers (since 1990 from 700 to 3000). Assistance for 2 years on average.
3. Less abortion facilities (since 1990 from 2500 to 700). Longer travel distances allow more time to get out of crisis.
4. 24 and 72 hr wait periods allow time to get out of crisis.
5. Required ultrasound.
6. Mandated parental involvement.
7. Sidewalk ministry: Sidewalk Advocates for Life and 40 Days for Life.
8. Reaching youth: Students for Life and LIFE Runners chapters.
9. Education: truth is getting out that abortion is a lie.
10. Women regret abortion.
We are Christians.
Prayer changes things.
From conception to natural death.
Share time, talent, treasure.
To end abortion.
Option 1: First pray LIFE Runners Creed, 15 min out-back run/walk at own pace, finish together at about 30 min, close with 10-15 min of group stretching and core strengthening for injury prevention and fellowship.
Option 2: First pray LIFE Runners Creed, slow team warm up together for five minutes and then press into pace groups. After run/walk, stretch at a determined spot for fellowship.
Scheduling: Early morning to avoid conflicts. Extend out/back time as season progresses. Some will run/walk additional miles before/after. Could have optional breakfast/lunch afterwards. Could meet at abortion facility for the opening group prayer and optional prayer procession after the workout.
LIFE Runners use prayer and teamwork to defend Life from conception to natural death. Running optional. Faith required. Sign up to get your “REMEMBER The Unborn – Jer 1:5” jersey and team updates/devotions at liferunners.org/signup. Invite others to join us. All In Christ for Pro-Life! Contact your chapter leader [name] at [email].